• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 51 of 173 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: [DEV] [ROM] CM10 JellyBean 4.1.1 Development Thread

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    On my other devices when I flash custom roms I just get Goo.im or whatever utility I'm using to grab it. When I google'd gapps to get a link to a file, the other one was the first link to pop up and since it said gapps-jb, I just assumed. Never assume!!! Even if the download is from google.
    Aptiva and j.anderson like this.
    Running CM10 - Special thanks to the other devs.
    If your feeling generous donate some money to the cause.

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I couldn't get the calculator to work so I went to the theme thread and got justinbean inverted gapps for jellybean and now the calculator works

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    How bizarre is that. Yeah never even bothered to try the calculator, wonder what is up with that.
    Running CM10 - Special thanks to the other devs.
    If your feeling generous donate some money to the cause.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The place I get Gapps from is the Cyanogenmod wiki - I believe it is the preferred source.

Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki
    nokiae50 likes this.
    Toshiba AUS Thrive 10" - DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314, 1 page of apps
    Sony Xperia Play (GSM) - Cyanogenmod 9 - Free Xperia build 141
    Samsung Galaxy GIO - CyanogenMod 9

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    that is weird, calculator broken, FCed.
    playing temple run for the past 30 mins and the game play is smooth as ever! always cursed android when it comes to games, but after butter/GPU OC not sure which it is, but the game play is butter smooth AMAZING stuff from the developers! All I can do is bow down to you

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I saw the mic was mentioned... that's another thing that broken on my thrive.... but although the built in mic doesn't work on these builds yet and a headset doesn't work, when you plug in a headset with a mic, the mic on the headset works on these builds, just not the headphones....I use Skype for phone calls regularly on my thrive so I noticed this immediately....

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    This is simply amazing. Buttery smooth CM10 on our Thrives.
    Thanks to the developers involved. I finally flashed it last night and this is awesome. Can't update superuser but no problems with root.
    Titanium Backup installed back all my apps with no problem.
    Boot time 1 min. 20 secs. with 248 user apps. Quadrant score 3258 after 3 runs, Antutu score 6528 overclocked to 1408 with interactive governor and SIO.
    Seriously guys think we all should wait for JB from Toshiba.

Thanks again for doing what Toshiba would not.
    Last edited by iandyT; 10-14-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iandyT View Post
    This is simply amazing. Buttery smooth CM10 on our Thrives.
    Thanks to the developers involved. I finally flashed it last night and this is awesome. Can't update superuser but no problems with root.
    Titanium Backup installed back all my apps with no problem.
    Boot time 1 min. 20 secs. with 248 user apps. Quadrant score 3258 after 3 runs, Antutu score 6528 overclocked to 1408 with interactive governor and SIO.
    Seriously guys think we all should wait for JB from Toshiba.

Thanks again for doing what Toshiba would not.
    I had the same issue with superuser not updating... on both pio-masaki's update 9 and jbettchers update from yesterday.

In both instances, I fixed it by going to androidsu.com and downloading superuser-arm-3.1.3-signed-zip and also su-bin-3.1.1-signed-zip. I flashed both files with cwm, re-booted... when I tried to open superuser the first time after flashing the new su it wouldn't open... from settings/apps I cleared cache, clear data, forceclosed it, then opened su, opened to update it - shows everything working, but I did not update it because I didn't want the old problem to come back...

As for gapps having problems with paid apps, I have not had any issues... I got my gapps for jb download from cyanogen mod wiki...

The only issue i have with CM10 right now is that I have not been able to get the tobacer hack to work as of yet so my gameloft games can work on this rom... I have tried moddifying the build.prop file (similar to how it's done on hc and ics) while using the acer a500 build.prop info from their cm10 build, and not yet got it to work... I will keep trying.

Hope this info helps.
    Last edited by dandroid7; 10-14-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    iandyT likes this.
    THRiVE 16gb
    CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2 (built from source with pio_masaki's trees and kernel)
    TWRP Recovery (built by pio_masaki)
    GL2SD
    128gb Lexar 400x UHS-i Class 10 SDXC Card

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by dandroid7 View Post
    I had the same issue with superuser not updating... on both pio-masaki's update 9 and jbettchers update from yesterday.

In both instances, I fixed it by going to androidsu.com and downloading superuser-arm-3.1.3-signed-zip and also su-bin-3.1.1-signed-zip. I flashed both files with cwm, re-booted... when I tried to open superuser the first time after flashing the new su it wouldn't open... from settings/apps I cleared cache, clear data, forceclosed it, then opened su, opened to update it - shows everything working, but I did not update it because I didn't want the old problem to come back...

Hope this info helps.
    I think its a bug in cm as my a100 build had the same thing with su being touchy, though I haven't noticed it on my thrive, I also don't update the su binary unless its not working correctly, which is a good rule to follow. If su is working, leave it alone. If its broken, update or replaced it.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    iandyT likes this.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dandroid7 View Post

As for gapps having problems with paid apps, I have not had any issues... I got my gapps for jb download from cyanogen mod wiki...

The only issue i have with CM10 right now is that I have not been able to get the tobacer hack to work as of yet so my gameloft games can work on this rom... I have tried moddifying the build.prop file (similar to how it's done on hc and ics) while using the acer a500 build.prop info from their cm10 build, and not yet got it to work... I will keep trying.

Hope this info helps.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm also trying the TobAcer hack for the Gameloft games, will let know.
    Thanks again.

Remove Ads

Ads