• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 49 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: [DEV] [ROM] CM10 JellyBean 4.1.1 Development Thread

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I noticed the app root dim will change that value for you but it can either be on or off.. it could be possible to make it a notification light, just had to be worked into the framework

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diesburg View Post
    I don't know what to say....the speed of the UI, the overall everything... its awesome.....great job devs...... I just can't go back to ICS now.... although not being able to shut off auto rotate on is annoying the hell out of me...lol.. in jbetchers build is anyone else not able to turn off auto rotate? I ask because my auto rotate switch is broken..... actually completely missing and not hooked up....

An auto rotate widget app from the market shuts it off.... but without it when I go to display setting in system and then rotate settings, all options are greyed out and I can't change anything.....

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    That's buttery smoothness for ya. Yeah with the rotation lock switch in place you don't get to play with the settings. Like I said earlier if you download Ultimate Rotation from the app store it will allow you to mess with some settings while still having the rotation lock switch working. I'm still on the fence whether we should hardware implement the lock or software, it's not like that switch is any more convenient than just flicking the setting off on the status bar.

Being that the physical switch can break we might just revert back to having the software lock in place.
    Running CM10 - Special thanks to the other devs.
    If your feeling generous donate some money to the cause.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    bill_penny
    I would say that an LED for sd card activity would kinda be a moot point, but the idea of a notification light that could flash for different situations (email, instant messaging, app updates, what-have-you) would be useful and quite awesome.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    TOSHIBA Thrive - {DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM - ICS 4.0.4}
    LG Optimus Elite - Virgin Mobile
    Samsung Vitality - Cricket {DEAD} - Huawei Ideos U8150 (T-Mobile Comet) {DEAD}

"God bless the light that shatters the clouded mind"

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    bill_penny
    as soon as the elusive headphone dilemma is satisfactorily resolved, I can assure you that I shall install this great wondrous piece of mechanical ingenuity on my device forthwith, good sirs!

Aptiva likes this.
    TOSHIBA Thrive - {DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM - ICS 4.0.4}
    LG Optimus Elite - Virgin Mobile
    Samsung Vitality - Cricket {DEAD} - Huawei Ideos U8150 (T-Mobile Comet) {DEAD}

"God bless the light that shatters the clouded mind"

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    4ptiv4
    Quote Originally Posted by billpenny78 View Post
    as soon as the elusive headphone dilemma is satisfactorily resolved, I can assure you that I shall install this great wondrous piece of mechanical ingenuity on my device forthwith, good sirs!

I'll give that an amen! I usually keep all my music on one SD Card and pics on another. The smaller one with pics is in my phone while the music card pretty much stays in my Thrive. I'd love to switch to CM10 with headphone jack working so I can play music in my truck (I splurged on my tab instead of a bluetooth capable head unit for my truck... Go figure). I do go back and forth to play with things depending on whether I'm home or not, so I end up using Favum ICS while I'm out, but at home, I crack flash CM10 builds.

Patiently waiting for a build that fixes this and the Play Store issue with one fell swoop. Great job devs for slaughtering this task that seriously seems trivial to you guys.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mazwoz View Post
    tybar,

I grabbed the source and built it. I noticed that external storage isn't mounting and some settings are causing the settings app to crash. I'm going to take a look at these while you work on WiFi

HeWhoWas,

I am also working on it. I don't mean to sound like a jerk about it, but I volunteered to help before the repos came online.

I'll let you guys know what I come up with.
    I sent him a bad config file this morning something that I had fixed in my build. In device_tostab03.mk, there is a build property line for drm, make sure there is a backslash after that line.

It's either that or just clone his device tree again cause we just got that sorted out.

Other news I'm doing a build with tinyhal, we had previous success with the headphones with that until pio_masaki had messed with the config files to get headset support working and fried his audio. I fixed a couple potential issues in the build tree and am making a build with the last known good audio configuration. So potentially I'll have a rom available tomorrow with working headphones. Since I had never messed around with a headset on my Thrive can anyone running a ICS or HC rom on their thrive test a headset to see if the mic works?
    Last edited by jbettcher; 10-14-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    4ptiv4
    Quote Originally Posted by jbettcher View Post
    I sent him a bad config file this morning something that I had fixed in my build. In device_tostab03.mk, there is a build property line for drm, make sure there is a backslash after that line.

It's either that or just clone his device tree again cause we just got that sorted out.

Other news I'm doing a build with tinyhal, we had previous success with the headphones with that until pio_masaki had messed with the config files to get headset support working and fried his audio. I fixed a couple potential issues in the build tree and am making a build with the last known good audio configuration. So potentially I'll have a rom available tomorrow with working headphones. Since I had never messed around with a headset on my Thrive can anyone running a ICS or HC rom on their thrive test a headset to see if the mic works?
    I use a cheap headset that has a built in mic and I used it for Skype a lot on HC and ICS both, will say tho that I never knew how to disable the built in mic. I'm on ICS now so I can play with it.

Edit: Confirmed on Favum ICS if my headset with mic is plugged in, the built in mic is disabled.
    Last edited by Aptiva; 10-14-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive 10.1" (CM10 thanks tybar, pio, and jbettcher)
    Phone: Cricket GS3 AOKP 4/15/13 @ 1.89GHz / Retired & Working LG Optimus C (CM7.2 - BobZhome) & Motorola Droid X (CM9 on .621 OTA)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Ok thank you for the quick response. Was just making sure the port had support for a headset or was meant to. But that clears it up, if it supported a headset mic before it should now. And that's interesting that there is no option to disable the built-in mic. We are having issues at the moment getting it to work.

I will say this to you guys, the user experience now with project butter and proper kernel support for the graphics drivers is stunning. I can't confirm because I may be looking through rose colored glasses but I think that even the image quality has improved. Battery time for me is now up to 7 hours playing HD video.
    Last edited by jbettcher; 10-14-2012 at 03:35 AM.
    nokiae50 and iandyT like this.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    Edit: Confirmed on Favum ICS if my headset with mic is plugged in, the built in mic is disabled.
    Perfect good to know what kind of target I need to hit.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    HD as in 1080P? Because my thrive didn't like some 720P video...

If you want, I will run some benchmarks on battery life tomorrow (Video, Music w/o screen, just screen on) but I will need someone to send me a link to a video player that can loop-play. (This will be for my slimmed down rooted ICS, and will run them again when you guys are nearly done)

Update: Found a media player.
    Last edited by nroach44; 10-14-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    Toshiba AUS Thrive 10" - DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314, 1 page of apps
    Sony Xperia Play (GSM) - Cyanogenmod 9 - Free Xperia build 141
    Samsung Galaxy GIO - CyanogenMod 9

Remove Ads

Ads