• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 159 of 173 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1729
Like Tree459Likes

Thread: [DEV] [ROM] CM10 JellyBean 4.1.1 Development Thread

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williambs55 View Post
    I am a system administrator...I surely know what it takes and I do understand that we are all busy. I also stated earlier that the developers would get a donation this month from me...how about you, will you match my donation to help the cause?
    Take care and have a great day!
    No sense in being negative. I did not give you a slap in the face and I am not now. I was just pointing out how statements like this might be taken and you have probably seen these type things get a little out of hand on other forums. Also, I did not say you should donate. I was just stating how the developers operate. I have donated to several different people over the past 17 months and will continue to do so. I am glad you plan on doing the same. As you know, it is not mandatory but much appreciated by the developers.
    Happy Thrive user running CM10 Jellybean.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Re: [DEV] [ROM] CM10 JellyBean 4.1.1 Development Thread

Yup nothing like getting 5 bucks (or whatever amount) to make me wanna go build a new kernel or ROM or something.

Edit: that's not meant to be sarcastic as it seemed to be when I read it. Its sincere.

Back OT though, been fiddling with GPU speed settings, slight changes to kernel config and some init.d scripts to help alleviate the memory leaks, it doesn't fix the problem (jbettcher is working on that) however seems to help the system cope with it better. It'll hopefully help until he has some time to work on that some more.

If all goes well I'll see about putting an updated build tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 11-07-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    teddytejero and nokiae50 like this.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Anyone would like to shoot a video regarding:

1. how to root
    2. how to flash twrp
    3. how to install CM10 (try not to say a version # in the video to avoid confusion among new people)

If you do, there is a good chance your video will be posted on the wiki (and you will be credited for the videos).

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    does this have working vibration and does it work with the hdmi dock?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny301 View Post
    does this have working vibration and does it work with the hdmi dock?
    No and sorta, we don't have one so I think it was reported one USB port works and I don't recall if HDMI worked or not on it.

Tapatalked from my Nexus 7 - Kuroikaze AOSP

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pio_masaki View Post
    No and sorta, we don't have one so I think it was reported one USB port works and I don't recall if HDMI worked or not on it.

Tapatalked from my Nexus 7 - Kuroikaze AOSP
    On my HDMI dock and Thrive with latest build, all ports except 3.5mm audio port work perfectly. Seeing the CM10 boot animation on my plasma TV was really cool. Even played a couple games with the Thrive on the HDMI dock. Video and sound were both present for the HDMI connection through my receiver to my TV.
    pio_masaki likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaklands View Post
    No sense in being negative. I did not give you a slap in the face and I am not now. I was just pointing out how statements like this might be taken and you have probably seen these type things get a little out of hand on other forums. Also, I did not say you should donate. I was just stating how the developers operate. I have donated to several different people over the past 17 months and will continue to do so. I am glad you plan on doing the same. As you know, it is not mandatory but much appreciated by the developers.
    Wanna say something here. The devs do appreciate donations but i want to point out to the devs that not everybody can donate due to financial hardships. I would love to donate but i can't even donate one penny right now.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Quote Originally Posted by egulley321 View Post
    Wanna say something here. The devs do appreciate donations but i want to point out to the devs that not everybody can donate due to financial hardships. I would love to donate but i can't even donate one penny right now.
    We've never asked for donations. We have links, those that choose to donate may do so. Those that don't or can't or won't, will not. Its a personal choice that no one should be bothered for making one way or the other.

Edit: thought maybe some math would be in order here, according to the last known donation to download ratio, if everyone donated for AA & BB it comes out to less then 4 cents per user (download). This is based on the "community" link on the wiki, there may be personal donations made to one dev or another that I'm not aware of. We don't do this to make money, we do it because we chose too. Donations help, yes, but are of course not required or even asked for. Hinted at yes lol

So let's leave the donation thing out, no need to make someone feel bad or inferior because they chose not to donate, or simply can't donate for various reasons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 11-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times

Very well said pio. As long as I've been a member here, I don't recall any developer actively soliciting donations or failing to support folks regardless of donation status. This is one forum where donations ARE completely voluntary and no one should feel obligated or consider themselves inferior if they can't or choose not to donate.

Now, let this be the last comment so the thread gets back on-topic.

Cheers, Dave
    pio_masaki likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by egulley321 View Post
    Not a problem. Everyone understands many people are having a hard time during these rough times. Believe me, I am no exception. I'm surprised sometimes that my company still has the doors open. Keep on smiling, maybe things will get better.

Edit: Sorry Daz, had not gotten to your post yet where you asked for it to be the last one said.
    Happy Thrive user running CM10 Jellybean.

Remove Ads

Ads