• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: LG G Pad f7.0

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times

LG G Pad f7.0

As much as I have loved both of my THRiVES (7" and 10") over the last few years, they have always had their issues. Both were very prone to random restarts, for example. And I'm not talking about once or twice every few days. More like at least once or twice for every hour I would use either one of them. I also couldn't use them with bluetooth speakers or bluetooth headphones without music eventually starting to stutter, and trying to watch video while using bluetooth speakers or headphones was virtually impossible. I lived with these difficulties (among other glitches), just figuring they were issues with all Android devices (having no other experience).

Fast forward to about 10 days ago. I wasn't sure if I should just finally give up on Android devices, or find something to replace my THRiVES. Happened to see what looked like a good price on the LG G Pad f7.0 through 1sale.com. $58.79, shipped. Looked everywhere else, and it was selling for 89 bucks. For that big a price break, thought I'd take a chance. Realizing that it was a low end tablet, I wasn't expecting a lot. Just an improvement on my ancient, twitchy THRiVES.

Well, this thing has been AMAZING (at least for me) so far. Hard for me to believe a tablet this good can be had for 59 bucks (maybe they are very common these days, I dunno). So far none of the issues that always plagued my THRiVES. Thing runs buttery smooth. Where using my THRiVES always seemed to border on "work", this thing is "fun". The only thing I miss is the THRiVES grippy texture. I won't bother going into a whole review of the thing, as I've babbled far too long already.

Just want to take a second to thank all of you folks here that have always been so helpful and kind to everyone in this forum. I've never dealt with a better group of people. Thanks again.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Sweet deal, man! Hey, Shado, is that the LG that has a stylus?
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    Sweet deal, man! Hey, Shado, is that the LG that has a stylus?
    Nope, no stylus.

It is a lower end model.

I also wanted to mention that I didn't realize when I bought it that it is the Sprint version of the tablet, which means it is also 3/4 G capable. I have no reason to pay for a data plan, as I only use my tablets at home on wi-fi. But the thing is, every time I power the tablet up, it prompts me to get a Sprint account and purchase a data plan. Not a big deal, as I just have to hit cancel, and it goes away. Talked to the Sprint people and people on various forums, and nobody has found a cure. I even removed the SIM card, but it still does it. I suppose by rooting the tablet, I could cure the problem. But it's working so well without rooting that I don't feel like even bothering at this point.
    Last edited by SHADO; 11-19-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads