• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why I Bought a THRIVE

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well i also used toshiba laptops once. But it didn't work well for me, so i switched to another. But after checking with the reviews and my friends comments i bought a thrive. The thrive is excellent. I hope it will include Gorilla Glass soon.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    No chance of that, Sharon, as the Thrive is out of production. The Excite does have Gorilla glass.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have owned my 16Gb Thrive since February and love it. The price I paid compared to the features was excellent ($279) I am an HVAC tech and love the 10 inch screen for reading the service manuals that I can download while on the job site. Looking forward to ics an using chrome on my tablet. I rarely use my netbook anymore. I bought a 64gb Sd card for file storage (music, pictures, video, etc.) Overall, very pleased and have no regrets!
    rosalie likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Welcome to Thrive Forums, chisjholm!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjholm View Post
    I have owned my 16Gb Thrive since February and love it. The price I paid compared to the features was excellent ($279) I am an HVAC tech and love the 10 inch screen for reading the service manuals that I can download while on the job site. Looking forward to ics an using chrome on my tablet. I rarely use my netbook anymore. I bought a 64gb Sd card for file storage (music, pictures, video, etc.) Overall, very pleased and have no regrets!
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    this is why... yes that's windows 7 (via splashtop) Attachment 1961

When its not in the room relaxing with me it will be out conducting business, processing credit cards (hopefully) and keeping me organized.
    I highly recommend Square Card Reader for your credit card processing needs. I use it on my Thrive and my Samsung Infuse cellphone. It's free and all you pay are the 2.75% transaction fees. It plugs into the tablet headphone jack.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    (I dont actually have my thrive yet)

I have owned a ipad for a little over a year now, and it has great features, but im a windows user and just not used to the restrictions apple puts on its products. My cousin has a 16g thrive rooted that spanks my ipad's rear(ipad is slowing down TREMENDOUSLY). I cant wait to get mine in the mail and get her rooted!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Keep us posted.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phoebeusfenix View Post
    (I dont actually have my thrive yet)

I have owned a ipad for a little over a year now, and it has great features, but im a windows user and just not used to the restrictions apple puts on its products. My cousin has a 16g thrive rooted that spanks my ipad's rear(ipad is slowing down TREMENDOUSLY). I cant wait to get mine in the mail and get her rooted!
    Great! You probably already know, but just in case you don't: Just don't apply the OTA (over the air) update from the Service Station if you want to be able to root. The latest OTA is NOT currently rootable, and may possibly NEVER be, so be careful See here: http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/toshiba-thrive-general-discussions/13657-warning-ics-update.html Let us know when you get your Thrive before you do anything if you want to root. In the mean time, read through the forum posts, and enjoy.
    Sorry to welcome you with an urgent warning, but others haven't heeded it, and we just want you to be aware.

You'll love the Thrive...especially rooted and with ICS. And you'll find all the help you need here, so please do not hesitate to ask!
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    The chrome is a little cheesy, but what's wrong with the 3 LEDs? Am I the only one who likes them? It reminds me of a laptop which is what most thrive owners are buying a thrive to replace.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk
    Nope...you are not alone...I happen to like the lights as well--but I do think we are in the minority...
    TQTUser_97 and jmax626 like this.
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    Nope...you are not alone...I happen to like the lights as well--but I do think we are in the minority...
    I love the leds. One of my favorite unique features.

Sent from my ICS Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk 2
    TQTUser_97 and jmax626 like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads