• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

HDMI audio not detectable with capture device

Allow me to briefly explain.
    I have a BlackMagic Intensity Pro which is a PCI-e capture card that allows for the capture of HDMI/composite/component. My goal is to capture the HDMI output on my thrive. I have found it outputs in 720p at 60 FPS with no HDCP. I can capture video just fine with media express (The bundled capture software) and Adobe Premier pro. The issue is that there is no audio on either. I tested my capture card, it captured audio from my netbook at the same settings. Also, if the my Thrive is hooked directly to a television audio works fine. So I'm assuming that its outputting an audio that my device can't pick up on? I cant find any settings that control the HDMI output, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I am prepared to purchase an armada of adapters to get this to work. As long as I can capture HD video of my thrive with audio, I am content.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Haven't gotten it working yet, but a work around may be easier than I thought. There is a way to capture digital video with HDMI on the BMI and RCA audio. But I've not yet found a way to output audio through the 3.5 jack while HDMI is plugged in. I even tried using 3 USB sound cards as a desperate measure. Anyway to dual-output audio?
    Last edited by Bahzing; 03-15-2012 at 09:19 AM.

2. Ads

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    when i hook my HDMI cable using the full HDMI port on the bottom of the thrive to my TV HDMI. I do have both audio and video.does sound like you have audio out of the HDMI cable.yes when you plug the HDMI cable in it does cut the 3.5mm jack off.what you could try and get the multi dock for the thrive.i have one.it has a HDMI port and a audio out 3.5mm jack.maybe that will work.I looked at the card and it is nice.I think Toshiba direct has them on sell.check around for the best price.i would want to use the hdmi cable better quality .hope you get it working.why don't you email them and tell them your problem.seems like it should work.sounds like its does not support the audio format.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I actually did purchase a HDMI dock earlier today. I went through Amazon so I could take advantage of my free two day shipping. Should get here Saturday so I can update then.
    I was also wondering if the BMI didn't support the Thrives audio format. I know what the BMI can handle but I can't find any information as to what the HDMI port exports.
    Anyway, I tested the BMI with the HDMI video in/RCA audio in. It combines audio quite well. I'm hoping the dock solves the issue all together. If it does not, it will likely have a 3.5 that exports audio that I can use.

I'm hoping I can find the issue and a solution so that anyone with similar problem will find this thread someday and have a heavy weight lifted.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Didyou try contacting the dev to see if they are aware of the problem? Have the latest software/firmware?
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    do you by chance have another HDMI cable you could try.maybe one your using on something else like a blu-ray player or you could barrow.just to make sure its not the HDMI cable.I was thinking if the audio still won't work you could try and get the audio from the 3.5mm jack that's on the dock.i don't know if the HDMI cable is pluged in the dock it will cut the jack off or not.you could try a pair of headphones in it to see.hope the dock works for you.

Remove Ads

Ads