• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

You Tube just keeps ”buffering”

WhIle You Tube may play on some sItes, It just buffers and buffers from Its own sIte. NotIce also that the letter I Is always In caps now. As well, havIng problems wIth sleep even though ToshIba sIte say s there Is no new fIrmware. TearIng my haIr.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This has happened to me as well. Last night four of us were watching the same video from Youtube using the same network and I was the only one buffering. The other users were on an iPad, iPad2, and Asus Transformer. My Thrive is up-to-date on firmware and Flash. The experience was very frustrating.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have this problem too, intermittently. I'm not sure why either. Very annoying.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    This will happen if you haven't sufficient bandwidth from your internet connection. The Thrive (like most android based Tablets) are more capable at consuming network bandwidth than many iDevices, etc so it could be most affected. Android tablets are more close to computers in this regard since they can multitask unlike many competing products. This powercan come at a price so it's up to you to manage it appropriately. This has never happened to me though when there was sufficient bandwidth. Available ISP bandwidth can fluctuate well below what you pay for.

Every device on a network must compete for it's portion of the bandwidth pie. Not all devices or applications need / use the same amount nor are they all affected the same way. If this continues to be an issue, confirm sufficient bandwidth availability, try using the Thrive on the network all by itself (with all other networked devices powered down - both wired and wireless) and possibly purchase more internet bandwidth if necessary.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 09-05-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Check the wifi signal strength on your thrive. On the samw router, my laptop pulls 20mbps, my Evo pulls 11mbps and the thrive pulls 7.5mbps... Thats a pretty significant difference.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    DeadlyHeater315
    I`m getting 48mb/s and I to get buffering. Notice this alot lately. Everyone else in the house is fine. We use a wideband connection, so were stable around 50 mb/s download - 5 mb/s upload.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    This may not be the case for everyone, but check/double-check your WiFi router DHCP assignments. My wife had THRiVE envy and so I got her one. I setup up her MAC address on my main WiFi router (combo DSL Modem). I also have a LAN/WiFi router hooked up to it (which provides wired LAN connections and a secondary WiFi allowing me access to my Home Network).

Her THRiVE would start off on the net just fine and then bog down to nothing. Not only did it bog down, but it appeared that my wired LAN bogged down as well. Using 2 Android Apps (must haves):

Network Info II
    Overlook Fing

I discovered that I had reserved her THRiVE's DHCP IP to be the same IP as was "automatically" granted to my 2nd Router. Having configured the WiFi router to give her an ununsed IP (and also setup the 2nd router's MAC for a reserved IP), the issue was resolved. But it sure had me stumped. Again, I may have stumbled upon the fix eventually, but the to 2 above Apps were the sleuthing tools that helped preventing my forehead from being battered against the proverbial brick wall.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Checked my speed through my wireless-n router and speed is 27mbps. My understanding is that this is more than enough bandwidth to play one youtube video. Just out of curiousity, I had the other three users test as well at the same time on the same wireless network. The Asus and the two iPads received 23mbps. Since my download speed is faster, why would my Thrive be the one to get stuck in buffering mode?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have this problem too, it's definitely not a bandwidth, something is wrong with the YouTube App, because I can watch YouTube videos in browser and there's no problem.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Just try and uninstall and reinstall. I have had this happen before in other programs and it would start working. At least worth a try.

Ads