• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Theming Etiquette

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Theming Etiquette

Man I take off for a couple of weeks and this theming/mod'ing for the Thrive has blown up. So excited. I see alot of new themers/modders outing stuff out. So just as a curtsey to new themers/modders there are some basic Etiquette/Curtsey Rules you should maintain.

1. As you delve further into this realm you will see stuff from all over the place. This stuff isn't copyrighted, however images can be and you should be careful when you use wallpapers/background to enusre you do your due dilgence that's it's not.

2. If you want to use someone else's work, you should ask that themer/modder first.. always ask, get permission, they put the work into it. Once permission is given, then ensure credit is given to the themer/modder that made such mod..

What kind of stuff should you ask for permission for?

1. png's/icons if they are unique
    2. mod's someone made (Quicksettings, Battery, Status bar are some examples)
    3. Inverted app's if you want to use them in your theme.

The bottom line we are here to make the thrive better and share in knowledge and the fun of theming. But common curtsey goes a long way, and those that are doing the work should get the proper credit for mods/themes or time spent helping others.

My Themes: Going Green, Going Green v2.0(HC 3.2.1), DarkHorse(Coming Soon)
    Want to learn theming?

Always, Always do a Nandroid!!!

2. Ads

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Agreed.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1932 times
    @Gunthermic, it is so good to see you again. Welcome back. Now get to work! You words are wise. Noobs need to heed these words of wisdom. Most devs either post or will tell you if you ask that it is OK to use thier stuff, but do please give credit where credit is due.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Theme Developer

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    @Gunthermic, it is so good to see you again. Welcome back. Now get to work! You words are wise. Noobs need to heed these words of wisdom. Most devs either post or will tell you if you ask that it is OK to use thier stuff, but do please give credit where credit is due.
    Working on a brand new theme called DarkHorse....

Just soem stuff that needed to be said with all these new themers out here...

My Themes: Going Green, Going Green v2.0(HC 3.2.1), DarkHorse(Coming Soon)
    Want to learn theming?

Always, Always do a Nandroid!!!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Man seeing the lack of love for the Thrive I may have to get back in to themeing. I might crack open the framework and see why I can do. Also I was thinking about looking into some lockscreen mods. Like maybe porting over the cyanogen ring lock. Just a thought I'm not to good at this but I really want to contribute something to the site.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    gunthermic likes this.

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox_Dye View Post
    Man seeing the lack of love for the Thrive I may have to get back in to themeing. I might crack open the framework and see why I can do. Also I was thinking about looking into some lockscreen mods. Like maybe porting over the cyanogen ring lock. Just a thought I'm not to good at this but I really want to contribute something to the site.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    I already have 11 working lockscreens in the thrive nothing released yet though. Been a pita since my source files are hdpi and the thrive is mdpi so i have to resize all the images. Also the thrive has no phone or messaging so I have to remove all that coding from each lock screen. Been a grueling process but im getting closer to being done. If you want to bring the CM ring lock over I'd love it. Or the nihilism lock screen from Miui.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I have 2 questions, by inverted apps do you mean apps from the market, or do you mean ROM specific files like modded systemUI and framework-res apks? And if you do theme apps from the market, do you need permission to use each app from the developer?

P.S. Nice to see that you're bringing darkhorse to the thrive, I'm rockin' it now on my Thunderbolt.

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Agreed also,thank you gunthermic

CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2- Thank you Tybar,jbettcher, pio_masaki.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Good to see you, gunthermic!
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1286 times
    Guys, this is an old thread that iced....... revived. Have another :beer:
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Ads