Man I take off for a couple of weeks and this theming/mod'ing for the Thrive has blown up. So excited. I see alot of new themers/modders outing stuff out. So just as a curtsey to new themers/modders there are some basic Etiquette/Curtsey Rules you should maintain.
1. As you delve further into this realm you will see stuff from all over the place. This stuff isn't copyrighted, however images can be and you should be careful when you use wallpapers/background to enusre you do your due dilgence that's it's not.
2. If you want to use someone else's work, you should ask that themer/modder first.. always ask, get permission, they put the work into it. Once permission is given, then ensure credit is given to the themer/modder that made such mod..
What kind of stuff should you ask for permission for?
1. png's/icons if they are unique
2. mod's someone made (Quicksettings, Battery, Status bar are some examples)
3. Inverted app's if you want to use them in your theme.
The bottom line we are here to make the thrive better and share in knowledge and the fun of theming. But common curtsey goes a long way, and those that are doing the work should get the proper credit for mods/themes or time spent helping others.