• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Proper Decompiling of ICS Apks

Can anyone who has been working with the ICS apks please tell me how to decompile them the right way and then recompile them so I can do a little theme work? I can't get them to decompile to the point of themeing use. When I decompile the settings apk I get a folder that says smali and there is nothing in it. I know I need the following folders to theme framework, settings and systemUI. Framework ans settings will decompile but the systemUI will not. All of my java is up to date and I am using AutoAPKTool 2.0.4 for ICS unless I should be using another???
    16GB 10" Thrive / 16GB SdCard / 16GB Flash Drive
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Re: Proper Decompiling of ICS Apks

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Can anyone who has been working with the ICS apks please tell me how to decompile them the right way and then recompile them so I can do a little theme work? I can't get them to decompile to the point of themeing use. When I decompile the settings apk I get a folder that says smali and there is nothing in it. I know I need the following folders to theme framework, settings and systemUI. Framework ans settings will decompile but the systemUI will not. All of my java is up to date and I am using AutoAPKTool 2.0.4 for ICS unless I should be using another???
    I personally use apktool. Make sure you are installing framework-res and tw-framework-res as dependencies

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Remove Ads

Ads