• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times

[Q] Getting rid of the status bar dimming effect.

I asked this already on one of T1NK's theme thread but I couldn't get a answer (its ok...homie's busy obviously).

...anyways I rolled back to HC and reinstalled my old theme. One thing that has annoyed me (on HC and ICS) is the fact that every notification icon that appears on the bottom notification bar are dimmed out by the OS (with the exception of the battery,wifi, bluetooth and the navigation soft buttons...even though on ICS it also dims the navigation soft buttons). The original colors of all these notification buttons are normally white if you look inside the SystemUI and Framework-res apks. With the dimming effect they appear grey when they show up in the bar, which it doesn't appear that bad, but I never realized this. I decided to switch ALL those icons with some nice hd glassy detailed colorful icons just to realize they show up dim when they appear...which makes them look ugly and dull...its kinda frustrating after all that work.

I would like some input from you veteran themers if you know of a way to disable that. Is it a XML file I have to edit or is it a PNG image file that I'm not catching that causes that effect. Thank you all.

2. Ads

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrobc97 View Post
    I asked this already on one of T1NK's theme thread but I couldn't get a answer (its ok...homie's busy obviously).

...anyways I rolled back to HC and reinstalled my old theme. One thing that has annoyed me (on HC and ICS) is the fact that every notification icon that appears on the bottom notification bar are dimmed out by the OS (with the exception of the battery,wifi, bluetooth and the navigation soft buttons...even though on ICS it also dims the navigation soft buttons). The original colors of all these notification buttons are normally white if you look inside the SystemUI and Framework-res apks. With the dimming effect they appear grey when they show up in the bar, which it doesn't appear that bad, but I never realized this. I decided to switch ALL those icons with some nice hd glassy detailed colorful icons just to realize they show up dim when they appear...which makes them look ugly and dull...its kinda frustrating after all that work.

I would like some input from you veteran themers if you know of a way to disable that. Is it a XML file I have to edit or is it a PNG image file that I'm not catching that causes that effect. Thank you all.
    What icons are dimming? I'm not sure what exactly what you are talking about.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2- Thank you Tybar,jbettcher, pio_masaki.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrobc97 View Post

they r originally meant to be dull to keep the focus on the screen... as u can see if I click and hold the recent apps or home button.. they becom less dull becuase it guides the focus back to that area. It would probabaly get annoying having those buttons undimmed as it is unnoying to have those leda on the thrives sceen. (Who needs a see if there tablet is sleeping...it is). So thars why they r dulled.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t1nk View Post
    What icons are dimming? I'm not sure what exactly what you are talking about.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Any icon that pops up to the left of the status bar clock. The most common would be the SD mounted icon that is always there when u have ur sd card installed. Gps, download status icons and others. U never notice them cuz u figure grey is their original color but its not...they are white. U really notice them when u have replaced those icons with some colorful ones. Ill try to post a screenshot later on tonite when I get home to show u what I mean.

Sent from my Blutiful Hercules.
    ROM: Favum v2.75 by XM41907
    KERNEL: Melchoir v2.4 ICS by Pio_Masaki
    THEME: Blutiful2ICS by mrrobc97
    (thx 2 T1NK)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Malay View Post
    they r originally meant to be dull to keep the focus on the screen... as u can see if I click and hold the recent apps or home button.. they becom less dull becuase it guides the focus back to that area. It would probabaly get annoying having those buttons undimmed as it is unnoying to have those leda on the thrives sceen. (Who needs a see if there tablet is sleeping...it is). So thars why they r dulled.
    I understand their purpose for doing that. I never said it was a issue with the OS. That is the exact purpose like u said.

Now I myself dont want that. I wand my icons to shine on the status bar like my battery and wifi. Thats the reason im asking if anyone knows how you would mod that.

...and yes ur right...when Im on my tablet in total darkness those LEDs are pretty annoying.

Last edited by mrrobc97; 08-23-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    (thx 2 T1NK)

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    This is how bright you want them to be.

when there sitting here correct.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    this is how bright you want them to be.

when there sitting here correct.
    exactly!!!
    Last edited by mrrobc97; 08-23-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Ok cool,well I don't know how to do it yet but I will see what I can figure out.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Ok cool,well I don't know how to do it yet but I will see what I can figure out.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thx t1nk. Hope curiosity got to u also so I dont feel ur busting ur head just for me.

(thx 2 T1NK)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I agree that I would like the option to not grey the notification tray icons, at least some of them.
    I like SeePU, which puts little bar graphs in the tray that show CPU, Memory, and Network usage.
    However, when they are greyed, they are so hard to see that they are almost useless.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads