• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive and Pioneers ARC app

Im recently re-purposing my old thrive for use as a car dash, which seems perfect with it having a full sized usb, a large screen, and decent performance.

I first tried with BlackBean, but device is not compatible shows up on Play store. I still managed to get the apk and install.
    I used USB connection, making use of the mini-usb on the thrive.

The problem is that even though the stereo starts playing music files on the thrive (in this case random hangouts message sounds) it does not detect a connection in the ARC app, and it does not allow for control of the radio at all.

So I though maybe I just need to bite the bullet and upgrade to 4.2, so I went and chased down pios PAC 4.2 for the thrive.

I got it running, love the options, but sadly device is not compatible is still displayed on the Play download page, and when I did manage to install it still did not work.

Is there a reason for this? The ARC app says it supports android 4.1 and up. I have checked the stereos settings and android usb is turned on to app control.
    Last edited by arolust; 01-21-2017 at 11:24 AM.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Have you tried on the main USB port? The big one has host abilities, maybe that's why. Mini port doesn't that I'm aware of.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have not tried it, but ill go ahead and make a usb to usb cable tonight and give it a try.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Did you have success?
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    Did you have success?
    Nope.

First trying to make a usb to usb cable failed miserably.

Second I feel i should say the app worked LESS with the upgrade to 4.2, as with 4.1 it at least played what ever it could find on my thrive, but with 4.2 it does not connect at all, and plays nothing.

Thirdly, it seems the app has alot of issues on android in particular, after reading through alot of reviews for the app it seems it was more designed to work on IOS, and on android it fails to work alot of the time.

I might have to wait for an update to the app, but im still going to try a thing or two in the comments section, but i have no faith that anything will work.

I dont know what the app does that it has such strict requirements, according to the reviews it doesnt even work on the new galaxy s7.

I want this app, or any app really, that allows for control over the RADIO through my android.

EDIT:
    I also dont want to give up 4.2 and its ability to change resolutions correctly... I lowered the resolution, and increased the navigation bar height to double, making it perfect for a head unit.
    Last edited by arolust; 01-28-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Does the thrive support AOA 2?

EDIT:

Actually had a great idea, screw the dash entirely. The thrive has a fullsized USB, meaning I can just go get a usb fm tuner and plug it in, of course one with an external antenna.
    Last edited by arolust; 01-31-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads