• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By SHADO
  • 1 Post By JiveTurkee

Thread: Is there current development?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Is there current development?

Hey guys I am going to be using my Thrive now on my desktop as a media, netmon screen, I want a stripped down version of the OS no frills needed really. I am running a reset stock 4.0.4 A little laggy still is there current development on these roms which one has some nice No frills development with root some of the apps i want to use will be side loaded as I will likely be developing the Dashboard myself. Also which ones would you consider good. Most of these post are older.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    No, there's no current development that I know of. The only thing happening here is the occasional tumbleweed blowing by. The THRiVE is a 5 year old device seriously overshadowed by every $100 tablet available these days performance-wise (but perhaps not in features).
    jimfree, JiveTurkee and Torrid like this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Dale's rooted ICS rom and Pio's Baked Blackbean are probably the best custom ROMs.

I've been running Baked black bean for nearly 4 years. Still going very strong.
    SHADO likes this.

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkee View Post
    Dale's rooted ICS rom and Pio's Baked Blackbean are probably the best custom ROMs. I've been running Baked black bean for nearly 4 years. Still going very strong.

I dug out my Thrive for nostalgia and then came back here to see what, if anything, was new. Not surprised, but I did download and flash Pio's baked blackbean.
    Now that its flashed though I'm finding a lot of my main-use apps don't work. Chrome opens, shows a new tab, then closes immediately. YouTube app does the same thing, fires up, then closes immediately. Interestingly enough, Netflix app works. Ideas?

I was previously on one of Pio's other ROMs and did a complete wipe (system, cache, dalvik, data, everything) and then flashed baked bean from the link in the OP and then flashed "thrive-pack3-gapps.zip" as the OP link didn't work.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SHADO View Post
    No, there's no current development that I know of. The only thing happening here is the occasional tumbleweed blowing by. The THRiVE is a 5 year old device seriously overshadowed by every $100 tablet available these days performance-wise (but perhaps not in features).
    ^^ This
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkee View Post
    I've been running Baked black bean for nearly 4 years. Still going very strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    ^^ This

I know there's just tumbleweeds (like myself) now but figure maybe JiveTurkee may still have email notifications on and maybe he can verify that chrome and youtube also crash or if it's just me. If his don't then it's my setup and I can mess with it more. If his do as well, it's time to use it as a paperweight!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Just another tumbleweed passing by. Still have my AT100 (and a spare now). Wanted to try building for it, but just never had the time.

Remove Ads

Ads