• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hi doublest,

Is your Thrive's USB set to MTP mode? It needs to be PTP and you need USB debugging enabled (see my thrive is very slow !!! ). If that's not the issue, I'm not sure what else to suggest off the top of my head.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will try this first the morning.Thanks for your response and patience.As I mentioned in original post, Im dumber than a box of rocks on this darned thing.But i will keep trying.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks much for the hints. I think I'm getting warm. I followed your instructions and now I've got a connection but I'm not too sure what the hell to do with it. I selected a bunch of files and clicked backup and got a message that it was backing up internally so I stopped it. I was under the impression that I could back up to an external card. I tried Helium settings but couldn't find any option to select a sd card. Also, when I go to the Helium logo on the pc all I see is the box with the logo in it, and a couple of messages:
    #1. Helium has been enabled on your Android
    #2. is your android connected but not detected you may need to install drivers.( already did that and got a message that drivers were successfully installed ). Should there be any content inside the helium box I downloaded, or is it for show only? I have unable to find any help menu to explain how the darned thing should function. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to these things. I seem to be very slow in absorbing the workings of these dadgum things.
    Once again, Thanks a lot

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hi doublest,

Apologies for such a late response.

On the PC, from memory, Helium is just a box that shows the status - either connected or not. I do recall having difficulty getting it recognise that it was connected. Unless the app on the tablet connects successfully, it won't give you the option to back up.

It's been a while since I touched Helium, so all I can suggest (if you're still having this problem), is to try following the steps I put together in this PDF: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...a%20Thrive.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads