• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: AT100 Thrive ROM

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay! Thanks for your insight Jimfree.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    One more thing, Jimfree!

Time Warner TV app does not work on rooted apps. Should I make this back to out of the box type or should I just forget about TW TV app? I just can't watch TV on my Thrive then. It is no great lose if I leave it the way it is now although I would love to watch Time Warner TV on my device. Oh well, I can't have it all! Thanks again.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    There are several if not many apps that will not work on a rooted Android device. It all has to do with DRM requirements. So you have three choices, stick with what you have and no access to Time Warner TV, unroot your Thrive as shown here, [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool, or try some hide unroot apps found at the Google Play Store to see if they will work. A quick search found a 4th option at the xda forums. They have a modified TWC app that bypasses the root check. Take a look at Live TV Timewarner Cable ICS only | Amazon Kindle Fire | XDA Forums.

Jim

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfree View Post
    There are several if not many apps that will not work on a rooted Android device. It all has to do with DRM requirements. So you have three choices, stick with what you have and no access to Time Warner TV, unroot your Thrive as shown here, [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool, or try some hide unroot apps found at the Google Play Store to see if they will work. A quick search found a 4th option at the xda forums. They have a modified TWC app that bypasses the root check. Take a look at Live TV Timewarner Cable ICS only | Amazon Kindle Fire | XDA Forums.

Jim
    Hey Jim! I just tried downloading that TW app from media but it will not load up. Once you try to open it, it will tell you to go to the play store and download the current app. UGH. Guess it will not work this way. Thanks.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    One of two things must have happened. Either TWC found a way to not allow that app or work, or I just thought that CM10 is JellyBean and that particular app was for Ice Cream Sandwich. Could be that, never tried it so can't say for sure. If I get a chance I'll get the Thrive from my grandson and see what happens on the rooted ICS.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfree View Post
    One of two things must have happened. Either TWC found a way to not allow that app or work, or I just thought that CM10 is JellyBean and that particular app was for Ice Cream Sandwich. Could be that, never tried it so can't say for sure. If I get a chance I'll get the Thrive from my grandson and see what happens on the rooted ICS.
    OK Thanks and have a great Sunday!

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    If you want stability try dalepl's ICS Rom. If you want jelly bean try baked blackbean. Been using it 2 years straight.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkee View Post
    If you want stability try dalepl's ICS Rom. If you want jelly bean try baked blackbean. Been using it 2 years straight.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk
    Which one would you chose and stick with it? What is the difference between the two? Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads