• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joshatt

Thread: at100 upgrade to 4.x possible?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

at100 upgrade to 4.x possible?

Hi all,

After several years of usage, I'm considering upgrading my AT100(android 3.1) to android 4.x, since 3.1 is way too slow with bootup, while my 4.0.4 cellphone is superfast with bootup.

I can not remember exactly, but it seems my AT100 was flashed Dalenet's Rom from this forum, in order to get rooted, of course.

So, any idea about it?
    Thanks.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    447 times
    Did you ever flash one of dalepl's ROMs, or did you only use his root tool? If you've used his tool, then you have a custom recovery installed, and you can install his cleaned up version of 4.0.4 ICS. It's the same as Toshiba's 4.0.4 ICS, but cleaned up to be stable and smooth. Also, all "system" apps have been made "user" so they can be uninstalled, especially the Kaspersky bloatware.

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    Frequent pilferer of wife's Thrive 10, currently sporting Pio's Kuroikaze Shinka B25.
    Nexus 7 owner and eternal Commodore enthusiast.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for your help !
    It's really a long time ago.... But I remember I did the flash ROM thing.....
    Now I can find in my PC's harddrive a folder: \DaleNet-Thrive_10-Easy_Flash_Tool-v1.5
    and included in its subfolder "images": CWM_recovery.img, hmj37.01.5.0032_oom_rooted_boot.img(exactly my version number), hmj37.01.5.0032_rooted_boot.img, .......(some other version images), stock_recovery.img

So, does that mean I already have CWM recovery installed? If not sure, can I just flash cwm AGAIN?
    And, do I have to flash back stock ROM, BEFORE I flash this "cleaned up version of 4.0.4 ICS"?
    Last edited by joshatt; 05-02-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Go into recovery.
    If it says ClockworkMod Recovery, all you need do is place the "update.zip" from the dalepl Rooted ICS archive in the root of your removable SD and flash from there as per the OP in that thread.
    It'll effectively do a factory reset, so save anything that you don't want to lose.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Go into recovery.
    If it says ClockworkMod Recovery, all you need do is place the "update.zip" from the dalepl Rooted ICS archive in the root of your removable SD and flash from there as per the OP in that thread.
    It'll effectively do a factory reset, so save anything that you don't want to lose.
    Thanks. I did it !!!

The original status is : android 3.1, rooted, but no CWM recovery.
    Then I use DaleNet-Thrive_Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool-v2.8.1....."root"......finally CWM is installed but it turns to unrooted. Don't know why.
    Then I use CWM to make a backup.
    Then with CWM, I flash
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v2.1.1.

Everything is perfect, except CWM does not allow unplug&plug SD card, so after copying new files to SD card I have to reboot device and power off and go to CWM...... So, CWM needs 2 improvement: allow SD card refresh, and power off.

Anyway, new 4.0.4 needs 25 seconds to bootup, while old system need 2 minutes or 3. That's a huge success.
    rosalie likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Congrats, joshatt!
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Recently I've got a problem: can not install apk files ---- "install" button doesn't work, while "cancel" is good.
    I tried to kill every app and service, not working.
    So I followed instruction in some thread here, wiping cache partition in CWM mode...... It worked for one app, but then never worked again.
    So I did a factory reset, but there's a problem with root: "SU found" but "no access". And I can not find the "superuser" app.
    So I re-flashed the ROM again. This time root is good. I installed some basic apps I use everyday. But in minutes I got the same problem installing apk.

Any idea?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My AT100 with android 4.0.4 with IMM76D.01.oooo72314(DaleNet DeOdexed Rooted) ware can upgrade or not?
    Answer me please.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Tunnaioo, are you asking if you can put dalepl's ICS ROM on your tablet, or if you can upgrade from it to something else?

Remove Ads

Ads