• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Kuroikaze development ended?

Pio, I'm confused about the status of Kuroikaze development. In one message you made it sound like you were just going to give it its own thread, but somewhere else I remember seeing that it was discontinued.

In any event, what ROM should I upgrade to when my Kuroikaze install gets outdated (either one of yours or someone else's)? I value stability over bleeding edge, which makes me wonder if I should go back to ICS (such as dalepl's 4.0.4) -- I've had some annoying problems in Kuroikaze with apps like Titanium Backup and Gmail.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by echristopherson View Post
    Pio, I'm confused about the status of Kuroikaze development. In one message you made it sound like you were just going to give it its own thread, but somewhere else I remember seeing that it was discontinued.

In any event, what ROM should I upgrade to when my Kuroikaze install gets outdated (either one of yours or someone else's)? I value stability over bleeding edge, which makes me wonder if I should go back to ICS (such as dalepl's 4.0.4) -- I've had some annoying problems in Kuroikaze with apps like Titanium Backup and Gmail.
    It might help Pio if you can explain what the problems are that you're having with Titanium and Gmail

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    It does have its own thread

http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/sh...d.php?p=156024

You probably confused the closing of the random builds thread leading to the ROMs having their own threads each.

And what was wrong with those apps?

Edit: maybe you're referring to me slowing down? I do work on android but I'm working on newer devices as I've hit a bit of a wall on the thrive lately. Namely 4.2 just doesn't want to build correctly when everything says it should work 100%. Coupled with the fact that I've been having marital and familial issues due to the time I spent I've all but quit and work a little here and there, a dew hours a week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 05-27-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm sorry to hear that; but it's good to know development hasn't stopped. I think I was indeed confused about the threads.

My problem with TiBu is that when I restore an app, it acts like it's finished restoring it (i.e. shows the dialog asking if I want to close or open the restored app), but if I open the restored app and later come back to TiBu, it keeps saying it's busy restoring again; seemingly, if I tap the close button, it does a little more work but then acts like it's been totally restored. I don't doubt that the app is actually already restored when it says so; there's probably some sort of incorrect event code in TiBu that makes it keep looking busy.

I even had this happen once when I uninstalled the app right after restoring it. The app was EBookDroid; I restored it with Titanium and then opened it, and subsequently uninstalled it. Then when I went back to Titanium it kept saying it was installed EBookDroid. If I remember correctly, there was a progress spinner; there was a noticeable whole-screen flicker every 30 seconds or so. It kept going until I force-quit it.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Ah yeah, I've had that on TiBu on every device I've used it on. Only way I found around it is to purchase it and batch restore, doesn't do it. One by one and hitting open was 50/50 doing it. This is over like 9 devices.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - ReVolt
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    For Titanium Backup try changing Preferences - App processing mode to Auto-indirect or Interactive.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Very strange, TB has worked so nicely for me to restore things under B25. When I can, I prefer to reinstall the app from Play Store or Amazon, and use TB to restore data for my several apps that need it. Technically, though, TB restoring the apk is a true installation, right?
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    I don't know the code, but there must be a difference between the 3 methods of app processing. Technically, it's installation, as one can also just copy the apk file on a rooted device to the proper directory to "install" an apk.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Very strange, TB has worked so nicely for me to restore things under B25. When I can, I prefer to reinstall the app from Play Store or Amazon, and use TB to restore data for my several apps that need it. Technically, though, TB restoring the apk is a true installation, right?
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Remove Ads

Ads