• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Favum font change

I just flashed the Favum 1.1d ROM and am wanting to change the system font. I installed Font Installer from the Play Store, but whenever I installed the font and rebooted, nothing changed. Is changing the font not possible with the Favum ROM?

2. Ads

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    im interested in this.

something like many flashable .zip with a font in every one of them would be nice:-)

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32Gb - If it can be hacked, deserves to be hacked

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well it looks like they do have them... check out Font Installer. It just won't actually change my system font for some reason.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuseMan View Post
    Well it looks like they do have them... check out Font Installer. It just won't actually change my system font for some reason.
    I've never tried the font changers, but if it's geared for Honeycomb, I don't see why it wouldn't work. You can always manually change them. It's fairly easy to do, but be cautious. If you try to change a system font, and it doesn't go well, be prepared to reinstall your rom. Take a look at the various fonts under the system directory and go from there.
    '
    Check out my custom ROM: Favum ICS Version 2.0
    If you're feeling generous, I'm taking
    donations.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Just a thought, xm, might you need to clear the dalvik when you change the fonts? They may be cached there and might require that for the change to "take".
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Take a look at the various fonts under the system directory and go from there
    Is there any way to install fonts manually to this location? Or do they even need to be in this location?

I think Font Installer installs the fonts directly from the app...
    If I were to manually install, would I need to rename the font from .ttf?

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    You could try to use metamorph to push the files. So far I've got it to work with most anything.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuseMan View Post
    Is there any way to install fonts manually to this location? Or do they even need to be in this location?

I think Font Installer installs the fonts directly from the app...
    If I were to manually install, would I need to rename the font from .ttf?
    Installing fonts on Android isn't the same as for Windows. You can't just drop a font into the folder and it's installed. You have to replace an existing font with the one you are wanting to use.

For example, I changed the statusbar clock font. To do this, I had to find the font I wanted to use, then rename it to "androidclock.ttf" and transfer it to the font folder, thus replacing the original font. To further complicate matters, I also had to do the same for "AndroidClock_Highlight.ttf" and "AndroidClock_Solid.ttf" for it to work properly. There are many fonts within this folder. You'll need to identify the component you want replaced first, then replace it as above. You'll have to use a file manager such as the included Solid Explorer, and you must change the permissions of the file for it to work.

Danvee might be right. Whenever you install anything that changes system files, it's a good idea to wipe Dalvik and cache too.

I've used Metamorph to change icons, but not fonts. I'd assume it works the same, but I can't be positive, as I've not done it.
    Check out my custom ROM: Favum ICS Version 2.0
    If you're feeling generous, I'm taking
    donations.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xm41907 View Post
    Installing fonts on Android isn't the same as for Windows. You can't just drop a font into the folder and it's installed. You have to replace an existing font with the one you are wanting to use.
    Well that's a bit of a pain. I'll try it out and get back to you.

By the way, AWESOME ROM.

Remove Ads

Ads