• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: [Editorial] Now That Samsung Was Found Liable, What are the Potential Ramifications?

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Is there a patent on a spherical ball? Maybe I can make some money here!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    And a soccer ball is not quite spherical (another patent? or is the prior design?).
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think this is just Apple trying to eliminate competitionbecause they are starting to slip as Andrioid products and OS evolves soinstead of compete they will just start suing everyone else

Their products are all based on unix / linux so just becausethey made the first doesnt mean its the best I work on servers all day long andthose guys steal ideas from each other constantly and no one sues they justkeep trying harder to be innovative when jobs went Apples innovation might havegone with him so now watch out or they'll sue you

I personally wont own anything by them cause its locked downand proprietary if I own something I want to be able to change it and know what’sunder the hood
    Last edited by hmanegold; 08-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    It's Steve Jobs' vow to crush Android be carried out from beyond the grave.
    darkron9 likes this.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Its because they are being beaten in sales by Samsung alone, let alone the other manufacturers.

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Biting the hand that feeds you? http://news.yahoo.com/friend-foe-sam...4--sector.html and http://www.economist.com/blogs/daily...c-relationship While I have been enjoying many of the jokes re patent infringement (the video about Apple destroying StarTrek Enterprise was a treat), this is an irony I can't stop chuckling about.
    This was an interesting read about who/what Samsung is http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/te...pagewanted=all.

sent from my TT (terrific Thrive) using TT (Tapatalk)
    Last edited by rhea; 09-02-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    the ORIGINAL thrive running dalepl ICS
    Google Galaxy Nexus rooted stock--oops, cracked screen but running 4.2.2
    Google Nexus 7 rooted, stock 4.2.2
    Google Nexus 4 rooted, stock 4.2.2

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Twitter
    kg7hq

Preliminary injunctions against Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 have been disolved

As I had mentioned earlier on, this is long from being over.... Here is the latest on Groklaw...

Groklaw - Judge Koh Dissolves Preliminary Injunction on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1; Apple May Owe Samsung ~pj
    bgrau2000 likes this.
    Thank you,

All the Best from the Great Northwest...

Phonefreedom

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster
    Steve Jobs used to run Apple with a gauntlet of steel... under him, no way will there have been a gps map fiasco, as he always insisted (perfectionist that he was) that everything had to be mint before release - and would you portray him advising Apple buffs to use competitor maps software while Apple sorted itself out?! ...

with this patent supposedly infringement, him not being around, hard bargains will unlikely be sought, and I predict a lot of compromises will be made on all sides... ultimately, it will be for the good of the consumer, and the greater good of technology advancement...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads