• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Costco Drops Price on Toshiba Excite 10 ICS Tab to a 'Game-Changing' $300 Until Dec 1

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times

Costco Drops Price on Toshiba Excite 10 ICS Tab to a 'Game-Changing' $300 Until Dec 1

We just got some news today that pretty much invalidates a huge chunk of the info we shared with you in our Android Tablet Summer Buyer's Guide. Costco just dropped the price of their Toshiba 16GB Excite 10 Android 4.0/ICS Tablet to a potentially "game-changing" low price of $299.99. With the specs and extra features on this 10-inch tablet, that makes this one of the most tempting offers for an Android tablet in any category. Just as a refresher, here is a spec-breakdown:
    • 10.1-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1280 x 800 pixels resolution and Gorilla Glass protection
    • 1.2 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor
    • 1 GB of RAM
    • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    • 5 MP rear-facing shooter with auto-focus, digital zoom and LED flash
    • 2 MP front-facing camera with microphone
    • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
    • Bluetooth 3.0
    • Full sized SD card slot for expanding the internal memory
    • Micro HDMI port
    • Micro-USB 2.0 port
    • Docking connector
    • Stereo speakers and Toshiba Sound Enhancements
    • 25 Wh Lithium Polymer battery capable of running for up to 10 hours between charges
    • Gyroscope, GPS and digital compass
    • 1.32 pound weight
    • 10.3 x 7.0 x 0.35 inches dimensions

This pricing makes the Excite 10 the absolute best value in the mid-range category, but because of its robust specs, it actually competes well in the high-end category as well. In fact, at this price-point this tab competes pretty well when compared to the Google Nexus 7 16GB tablet as well. You basically get the same horse-power, but with a rear camera, more connectivity options, and a bigger display, for only $50 more. Still, you lose out on Jelly Bean, and perhaps you might prefer the 7-inch size to the 10-inch. Regardless, if you are looking for a 10-inch Android tablet, you would be hard-pressed to find a more competitive offer. Here's a link below if you want to jump at this offer.

Source: Costco
    rosalie and darkron9 like this.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Got me thinking now....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    JB-cm10-Kuroikaze Shinka b-21 Rom & tweaked w/pimp my rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Nice, but missing a very important feature; unlike the N7, it hasn't been (and may not ever be) rooted.
    JiveTurkee and rosalie like this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Provided Coscto link just comes back saying "not available" (doesn't even mention the product).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by abonet View Post
    Provided Coscto link just comes back saying "not available" (doesn't even mention the product).
    Says til Dec 1. I wonder if they sold out, or are temporarily out of stock. I did a search of the site, and no Thrives. Maybe try back later, in case they restock, or check at a local Costco, if you have one in your area maybe.
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    It's the EXCITE, not the Thrive.

Darn you Toshiba.
    If you did this a month ago I would have bought the Brand New svelte Excite over this refurb'ed Thrive.
    Don't get me wrong, like the Thrive, but I'd prefer something slimmer with better battery life... y'know like the Excite?
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 08-22-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Language

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I'd go for it except my local Costco's haven't carried either the Thrive or Excite. Maybe it's only catalog order status in my area. Need to do some further checking. Don't plan on rooting so this would be ideal for us. SWMBO thinks my Thrive is just the right size and now she wants one as well.

After racing over to the Costco catalog site, found they're not offering the Excite 16 GB as the OP posted, HOWEVER, they do offer the Excite 10 32 GB for $349.99 including shipping and handling. Perhaps the response to the OP post was so good they ran out of stock before they anticipated.

Does the Thrive Dock work with the Excite or do I have to start looking for more accessories? I think I already know the answer (of course it won't work. With a minor pin rearrangement they can sell more accessories......)

~Dave
    Last edited by NWDave; 08-22-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: additional comments
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    What a world we live in......while digging around.....if you go to this site first: Toshiba Excite 10 Gets Exciting New Price, Just $299.99 THEN scroll down to the bottom of the article, you'll find the Costco link: Costco - Toshiba Excite which shows the $299.99 offer. Now to see if the item is still available. The one thing I like about shopping at Costco, is the no b.s. return policy.

~Dave
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Interesting. Thanks to this site, I'm now 326.09 poorer (27.09 to the Governor, she's gotta get her cut for doing nothing, I suppose). They accepted the order so it's apparently still a valid offer but you have to sneak around the internet to find the right offer.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Well, thanks to this site, I'm $326.09 poorer (27.09 to the Governor, of course). Hey, gotta blame someone for spending the money and it's certainly not SWMBO. Thanks for the info.

~Dave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads