• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Why does Wi-Fi Drop? Does Thrive have a Wi-Fi problem?

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj View Post
    so you can get at web sites with your browser now, as before, right? Yes

and can you now start the android market app on the thrive and "window shop" for apps? Yes, although i could do this before except when i lost internet connection to my gmail app and market simultaneously

and you can not access gmail? I can access through the browser all the time. I only lose connection on the gmail app

is this the current status?

If you removed your gmail account - yes that is preventing you from using android market, and gmail.
    i didn't remove gmail, i removed my work e-mail account that is not a gmail address, but an account that requires a microsoft exchange setup

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    OK, I misunderstood. sorry.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xamindar View Post
    I stopped reading after point 4. Telling people to use the 5ghz wifi band when the Thrive does not support it is incorrect and misleading. These tips do not appear to be tailored for the thrive at all.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Well, @xaminder, I can assure you I spent a lot of time tailoring this sticky for the Thrive. I work very hard to be accurate, and helpful to our fellow Thrive members. I did not tell people to use the 5ghz band for the Thrive. You mis-read point 4, I believe. I recommended if they have a device like a cordless phone or baby monitor operating in the 2.4 band, that is interfering with their Thrive, they exchange that device for one that operates in the 5ghz band.

You seemed to indicate in the plural, these tips are not tailored to the Thrive at all. If you have any observations where else my advice is incorrect, your constructive input is certainly welcome.

Regards,
    bobj

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not a problem. i appreciate all your expert guidance and patience. If you have any other ideas for me, i'll be happy to give them a try.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rae View Post
    not a problem. i appreciate all your expert guidance and patience. If you have any other ideas for me, i'll be happy to give them a try.
    Sure we will keep trying...

Just so I am on the same page as you -- now that you removed the company email, have you tried a factory reset - I know it is a pain, but ....

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj View Post
    Sure we will keep trying...

Just so I am on the same page as you -- now that you removed the company email, have you tried a factory reset - I know it is a pain, but ....
    OMG, is there no other option. My Thrive has all but replaced my computer. I can't imagine recovering from a reset.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    rae,
    I've read part of your posts and am not 100% sure I know what you already did.
    If you haven't yet done the following for making gmail work from the provided shortcut, try this - it has worked for several people including me
    Settings > Accounts&synch
    under Manade accounts should be your gmail address
    If there, tap it
    Then remove it using the Remove account thing in the upper right corner
    Then recreate the account. It might work for you. And if gmail works, market might also.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i reloaded market, bt i haven't made any changes to gmail, so i'll give that a shot. i have three gmails accounts feeding into my app. i assume i should remove and reload all three

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Not to confuse the issue, but i recently i replaced my router and kept losing my signal. Turns out it was defective and the signal was oscillating.
    John

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

WEP works for the older model routers

I have read all of the posts regarding network issues with the Thrive. I have solid connections at my 2 office locations with a linksys e3000 and a high end D-link router (forgot the model sorry) both using WPA/WPA2 security. When I brought the Thrive home for the first time, the connection would cycle about every 2 to 5 seconds. Home router (old model belkin wireless g f5d7230-4) set to WPA/WPA2 as well. Current devices connected at home: Iphone4, moto atrix, toshiba laptop, dell laptop, yes we are a split family . I tried all of the recommendations and the only one that worked was dumping DHCP and assigning a static IP per Bobj...(thank you by the way). Although I could connect to the network and browse the internet, I still could not download content of any sort. (no problems with full functionality at either office, fyi).
    After a long stint of holding and passing me around the toshiba tech support world, the final answer was knock the security down to WEP 64bit and forget about it. This did work. I do not like it much, but it works and my Thrive is one hell of a cool beast at home now. I have to believe that Belkin, most likely has eliminated current firmware support for the model router that I have and I must upgrade to the tech gods new devices. Hate to spend more money but after 5 or more years, I guess I have used up all of the Belkin juice this wireless G has. Rule of thumb - buy new technology, requires more new technology. Thanks Thrive forum for pointing me in the right direction.
    bobj likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads