• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Why does Wi-Fi Drop? Does Thrive have a Wi-Fi problem?

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hw v A2
    fw v 1.02 i've never installed an update. never knew that i needed to do so.

default ip is 192.168.0.1

ATT is my dsl provider. There may have been a change made at some point when i was having issues, but i think the default ip is still the right one because i used it today to go in as the admin.

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    rae,

you indicated your modem is a wifi modem? Do you have two wifi networks broadcasting in your home? one from the dlink and one from the motorola?

Did you update the android market app as the link is post 7 above suggests?

Here is the link again: Google account sign in failure

Next I would update your router firmware (only from a pc connected by wire to the dlink):

1 - save your current router configuration

2 - update the firmware to:
    Firmware 1.35NA 12/28/2010

Link to your firmware (click on SUPPORT RESOURCES >> FIRMWARE ): D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router

3 - restore your router configuration

You can only use the latest firmware version for your DIR-655 hardware version A2, even if there is another newer firmware for hardware ver B of the router.

Regards,
    bobj

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

router firmware updated

I saved my config, but when I tried to reinstall from the file, I got an error message, restore invalid. Now all my security is gone and I'll have to fix it all. How will I know if anything else is messed up?

Also, I've reviewed the post on market app several times, but don't understand how to update. Can you give me clearer instruction or link? What I've read from Google search says it should be automatically happening behind the scenes. I can't even find the market app or widget anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rae View Post
    I saved my config, but when I tried to reinstall from the file, I got an error message, restore invalid. Now all my security is gone and I'll have to fix it all. How will I know if anything else is messed up?
    Don't worry, unless you did a whole bunch of "techie" customization, like port forwarding, QOS adjustments, etc. then it is pretty easy nothing else should be messed up. - just re-establish your security and you should be good to go. Set up WPA2-PSK security, with AES Encryption, for best protection. I can talk you through any problems you have. Continue doing this all from a PC wired to the Router.

Also, I've reviewed the post on market app several times, but don't understand how to update. Can you give me clearer instruction or link? What I've read from Google search says it should be automatically happening behind the scenes. I can't even find the market app or widget anywhere.

Thanks for the help.
    Once you get your router wifi re established, have the PC's and thrive re-connected to the network. you can update the android market app. Are you rooted? If no, thats OK. You prob wont be able to un-install the android Market app, but you can delete the data and cache, as the post reference suggested.

If you are rooted you can delete the market app's data and cache and also uninstall the market app. Them on your pc go to https://market.android.com/details?i...ZC5maW5za3kiXQ..

I you are not already logged in to your Googleaccount (the one you use on thrive) then log in to your google account (top right of your PC's screen). Then your screen should show "This app is compatible with some of your devices" under the picture of the shopping bag. Click on the "+" and click on install on your thrive AT100.

Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by bobj; 01-25-2012 at 11:46 AM.

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    how do i know if i'm rooted

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    how do i know if i'm rooted
    I guess you are not. You would have rooted it - you would have remembered, I assume.

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj View Post
    Once you get your router wifi re established, have the PC's and thrive re-connected to the network. you can update the android market app. Are you rooted? If no, thats OK. You prob wont be able to un-install the android Market app, but you can delete the data and cache, as the post reference suggested. If you are rooted you can delete the market app's data and cache and also uninstall the market app. Them on your pc go to https://market.android.com/details?i...ZC5maW5za3kiXQ..I you are not already logged in to your Googleaccount (the one you use on thrive) then log in to your google account (top right of your PC's screen). Then your screen should show "This app is compatible with some of your devices" under the picture of the shopping bag. Click on the "+" and click on install on your thrive AT100.Let us know how it goes.
    android market is installing, but ironically, i have the no internet access issue, even though my wifi connection is active (the very problem that started this dialogue)

rae
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Android market reinstalled

android market is installing, but ironically, i have the no internet access issue, even though my wifi connection is active (the very problem that started this dialogue)
    I have suspected that my connection interruptions were tied to my work e-mail that required special set-up for microsoft exchange. I was pulling it onto email app version 3.2. Yesterday I removed the account. Could this e-mail app be interfering with the gmail app which creates the automatic login required for market app?

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    I have suspected that my connection interruptions were tied to my work e-mail that required special set-up for microsoft exchange. I was pulling it onto email app version 3.2. Yesterday I removed the account. Could this e-mail app be interfering with the gmail app which creates the automatic login required for market app?
    So you can get at web sites with your browser now, as before, right?

And can you now start the Android market app on the thrive and "window shop" for apps?

And you can not access gmail?

Is this the current status?

If you removed your gmail account - yes that is preventing you from using Android market, and gmail.
    Last edited by bobj; 01-25-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I stopped reading after point 4. Telling people to use the 5ghz wifi band when the thrive does not support it is incorrect and misleading. These tips do not appear to be tailored for the thrive at all.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads