• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobj

Thread: App for proxy

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

App for proxy

Hello, what is a good app for use proxy from other countries?... I want to use Google music but is not available in my country...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times

How to use Proxy Servers with Thrive

Here is how I use US Proxy Access on the Thrive when traveling outside the US.

I use xroxy.com as a proxy provider. I use their premium service. $7 for one month, or $18 for 3 months access. I do not use a free unknown proxy provider for security reasons. After you sign up you will get an email similar to below.

Please note the only place you are given your password is on a purchase screen (PayPal screen if you buy with PayPal). SO COPY IT DOWN THEN. You wont get it anywhere else.

After you sign up with xroxy, you will get an email similar to below.

proxy example2.jpg
    Now that you have a Proxy Server, you need to set up your Thrive to access your US services through the Proxy Server

Install the app "ANYCUT" from the Android Market:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appdroid.anycut&feature=search_resu lt#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hcHBkcm9pZC5hbnljdXQi XQ..

Use ANYCUT to create a shortcut on your home screen which will access the hidden Honeycomb Proxy Settings. Here is the link how to do this:

How to use hidden Web Proxy settings on Android 3.0 Honeycomb Tablets

ProxyShortcut.jpg

When you tap on the shortcut you created, below is the proxy settings screen you will get - notice there is no parent item highlighted on the left of the screen, because there is no path to these settings from the left side of the screen. That is why you have to create the shortcut app.

There also seems to be a small bug - sometimes an Android SETTINGS screen you accessed earlier appears instead of Proxy Settings screen. Just tap "back" (lower left task bar) until you are back on the home screen - don't tap the "home button". Now you have backed out of previous android settings and when you select the Proxy Settings Shortcut again it will bring up the correct screen.

Honeycomb Proxy settings.jpg

The first time you access your browser, if your proxy provider requires a username and password,
    a screen similar to below will appear:

proxysignin.jpg

After you set your proxy settings, apps that need internet access and can not recognize these settings may not work. An example is dropbox. To reset your thrive you go back into proxy settings, and "clear". I also have had to restart dropbox or reboot to get other apps reset. Other apps will either work thru the proxy or will have options settings to set the proxy username and passwords in the app.
    Last edited by bobj; 12-06-2011 at 03:36 AM.
    rogerebert likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Wow..... Thank you ... I'll try this...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads