• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive won't accept password for new networks

I got a new phone so turned on the hot spot. The thrive sees the hot spot but when I tried to enter the network key/password to my Thrive the "connect" button goes out or grey. When I back the typing out, the button doesn't re-highlite. It does this any time I try to enter key/pass characters for any other network too. The thrive is currently connected to my home network with no problems.
    Got any solutions???

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Not sure about which phone you have or the other networks but... I had a similar problem with my S5 and my Thrive ( and Samsung tab ) were not able to connect to the S5 hot spot. The automatically generated key was too short and not secure enough for the Android Tabs (just a guess). I made up my own key which was a bit longer and then everything worked OK. Not sure if you are having the same problem but thought I would throw it out there.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got the Samsung Note 5. I extended the number of characters in the key past 8 and BOOM!!! things are the way they should be.
    Thanks!!!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Glad that did the trick. Seems odd that a Samsung Android device would automatically generate a key that other Samsung (or any Android) device won't accept. Comes under the "What are they thinking?" department.

Remove Ads

Ads