• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

cant connect to wifi.

I can see the wifi network click connect and then nothing. Says my home wifi name i click connect all it says is saved, secured with WPA2. I tried forgetting and re adfing it same thing. My password is all numbers so niy a case issue. I tried manually adding a static same thing it doesnr cinnect. Mu ohone has no issuevand other wifi networks no problem cept this one. I hot the 10in thrive. Any other ideas?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Have you tried rebooting the router? Which make/model?
    What happens if you temporarily turn off security on the router?
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    If rebooting router doesn't work, try turning WiFi off and back on on the tablet. If all else fails reboot tablet.

Is the router setup for MAC control (allow only specific MAC)?
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I turned tablet off and back on. Wifi off and on. Router off and on. Still same thing. Shows the network. Try and connect and it doesnt even say authenticating or anything. Just back to the network name. It is a telstra wireless router (australia) i used to have no prob Connecting to it now i can only see ot buy not connect

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Have you tried connecting to another network?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Either something on the router got corrupted or the tablet is confused. If other devices can connect to the router via WiFi, it sounds either like a MAC issue or security issue. The router may need a factory reset (make notes of settings before resetting). Try the following before doing the factory reset on the router.

Temporarily turn off security on router. Forget the network setting on the tablet, reboot, try connecting. If this doesn't work, forget the network settings again and then Wipe Cache on the tablet.

Go into Recovery (after powering down, hold the Volume + and Power Button -- Use Volume rocker to navigate & Power button to select)

Select the large icon with the open box and arrow (don't panic when you see the Andy Android down for the count)

Wipe/clear cache partition

Reboot

If you still can't connect, it's time to bite the bullet and do the factory reset on the router.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Has no problem connecting to other networks. Ill try clearing cache let you know

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Try forgetting the connection then going back in and establishing a new connection.

Remove Ads

Ads