• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive will connect to Sprint Galaxy Nexus Wifi

I cannot get the Thrive to connect to my Sprint Galaxy Nexus cell phone wifi hot spot. The phone and the tablet are update as far as available updates. The thrive just keeps cycling between authenticating and Saved, secured with WPA2. This is a recent issue, because the tablet used to connect to the phone. The signal strength indicator is very low and the tablet is sitting right next to the phone. The tablet seems to work excellently with my home Linksys E3000 wifi capable router. I am completely baffled

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Does the phone's hot spot work with any other device?
    Did you try forgetting then re-establishing the connection on the Thrive?
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    What Android version is the phone running? I know lots of folks had similar issues on Verizon when they updated to 4.2.2 and the answer was usually to do a factory reset. I would say before you do that you you should try to test wifi hot spot with other devices first to see if they can connect. If they can then it is probably the Thrive.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My thrive connects with anything I'm beginning to believe. Works fine on my HTC desire hot spot and fine on my wife's Apple 4 hot spot.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

Remove Ads

Ads