• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Both of my AT105 don't see my home wifi anymore

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    Why it the phone in the picture? That's the part that confuses me to this day.

Try to skip the phone part, just go normally through the router.
    Then on a PC connected by a cord examine the router settings.
    Also examine the network connections on a PC which works with the router, something there is likely to give clues as to what's bad with the Thrive.

Finally, as Dan just reminded you, try an unsecured hotspot.
    Experiments at work are unlikely to work since the security on the work routers and servers is likely to block you.

The phone was in there because since I could not connect with the wifi from the router......... I connected the thrive to the android wifi connectin from my phone to check, first of all if it could connect to other wifi, and to check for the latest updates on the thrive, since it had to be connected. I could not go through the router, it didn't see it at all. As I live in Europe, they don't have wifi everywhere like they do in the states, and usually, it is not free. I was away for the weekend and could connect the thrive to the hotel wifi. So it is obvious that it is my router. I have a new router now, and it works!! sorry for confusing you.

thank you, and everyone. I am sure it must have been something to do with the router confiugrations which for some reason affected the Thrive's ability to connect. Since the cable company said my modem was old, they would send me a new modem that came with the wifi router as one piece. I thought that was the best, rather than to fight with this router that is obviously has old firmware, that also wouldn't allow me to update, even to upload the new firmware.

I appreciate everyone's time in helping me. Thank you again! problem fixed

2. Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads