• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Both of my AT105 don't see my home wifi anymore

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Still doesn't answer if the Thrives will connect to any a other router or access point. That goes back to #16.
    Please answer the specific questions if you really want help.
    There's a process involved in diagnostics.

Otherwise we're just spitting into the wind....
    Last edited by danvee; 07-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    rosalie likes this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrman View Post
    As stated previously sounds like you need to go to another known good 2.4 Ghz wireless network and then hit settings-wifi off button, wait a few seconds hit wifi on, and see if your thrive sees the network. If this is true you just proved out software and hardware on the thrive and the fault likely is in the wireless connection, security, frequency, mac filtering, and so on.
    Have you tried reconnecting another of your other wireless devices like your cell phone to your network by deleting connection in phone and have it then see your wifi and grab an IP address?
    Yes, I have connected the thrive to the wifi tethered from my phone. and have also deleted the connection from my phone. You are probably right with my wifi router. I have reset it a few times and still nothing. I will get a new router and that should do it. It is just frustrating that things all of a sudden don't work. Thank you

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Is your router's firmware up to date? When I first got my Thrive, it connected okay most of the time, but I started having trouble with it and my laptop. Turns out I had missed 2 firmware updates for my router and 1 of them solved the problem.

Cheers, Dave
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    1. Not necessarily. Can be an interaction thing. A hundred other devices might be able to connect to the router, but something in the configuration could be keeping the Thrive from connecting.
    2. All that means is that the USB connection to the phone works. Bypasses the WiFi settings and circuit. Not applicable in this case.

Never answered (at least I didn't see it) if the Thrive can connect to any other network or public unsecured Hotspot.

Either the router needs to be reset or magically both Thrives had their WiFi hardware go out at the same time or the Thrives need a factory reset.

I'd go with the first option as the simplest and most likely, but only after we verify that either Thrive will connect to ANY WiFi connection ANYwhere.
    answered in #14, Thrive connected to phone wifi tethered. The phone was connected to my home wifi.

It must be something with my router configuration. I reset it a few times, but not sure which configurations to change to get it to be visible by the Thrive.
    thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    See #19 and answer the router related questions. Hopefully we can then walk you through the process. First, check for firmware updates for the router.

Quote Originally Posted by Vevey2011 View Post
    answered in #14, Thrive connected to phone wifi tethered. The phone was connected to my home wifi.

It must be something with my router configuration. I reset it a few times, but not sure which configurations to change to get it to be visible by the Thrive.
    thanks
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vevey2011 View Post
    No, not really.
    Does it connect to any point other than your phone?
    ~Dan

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Are you using DHCP?
    Do you have MAC address filtering turned on?
    Is it set to broadcast SSID?
    What type of security are you using?
    What is the IP range (network mask)?
    Have you checked for new firmware for your router?
    What brand/model of router?[/QUOTE]

I am sorry, I don't know what DHCP is. Mac address, not sure if it is filtering. I know there is one that I copied from my computer or something. I had to change some configuration to I don't know what because since I reset the router, I have not been able to connect with even the computer. I can now. I am so frustrated with this router. It said the other day that the last firmware was 2009. Now it says 2010 but it also thinks we are in 2010. i have tried to change setiing, like the time zone and It never is able to save the changes. I can't do a scan for firmware check because it says this feature has been disabled on this emulator. I found the latest firmware from the website and downloaded it and tried to upload it but it doesn't upload, it just does nothing.

Thank you anyway to offer to guide me through the configuration, but I just think my router is so out of date. I am sure they don't want you to update, so that you go out and buy a new one. Anyway, my internet provider is sending me a new router because he said my modem was old and he will send me a new modem that has the router attached.

I will see if I can get it to work with that then.

thank you

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    No, not really.
    Does it connect to any point other than your phone?
    Yes thanks. As far as I know. I was connected to a home wifi just before I noticed it wouldn't connect to mine anymore. I will take it to work tomorrow and if it doesn't connect there then I will let you know.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Either there, any fast food place, Barnes and Noble, 7-11, library, school, mall.... Even car washes around here have WiFi available.
    ~Dan

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Why it the phone in the picture? That's the part that confuses me to this day.

Try to skip the phone part, just go normally through the router.
    Then on a PC connected by a cord examine the router settings.
    Also examine the network connections on a PC which works with the router, something there is likely to give clues as to what's bad with the Thrive.

Finally, as Dan just reminded you, try an unsecured hotspot.
    Experiments at work are unlikely to work since the security on the work routers and servers is likely to block you.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads