• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Both of my AT105 don't see my home wifi anymore

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vevey2011 View Post
    My neighbour was connected to it downstairs on the Thrive, but now it can't be detected at all.
    I think you already got all possible helps, but I'll pitch in anyway.

1. Any chance that the neighbor changed few router settings such as
    SSID name
    broadcast SSID
    WiFi security passphrase
    Limited number of IPs allowed
    radio broadcast channel
    MAC value filter
    G or N setting in router

2. Can you connect the Thrives to any network - library? coffe shop?

Regarding SSID: If PCs can connect, that may mean nothing at this point, because PCs remember that actual connection once setup, and don't need SSID broadcast. Thrive does like to see SSID. That said, check values in your router. Reboot the router by the 5-10 second push button or from GUI.

Something is inconsistent in OP's replys. If WiFi Analyzer sees the router, and strong signal, then Thrive should, I think see it as well. In WiFi Analyzer, find the View which shows router's MAC and security. Do they match what you think it is or what the PCs see?
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Just curious ... I assume that your WiFi is 2.4GHz? If it is set to 5GHz, the THRiVE will not see it or be able to connect.

After you cleared the deleted the connections, on the tablet did you turn-off on WiFi and then back on (or reboot) before attempting to build a new connection?

Just checking on more troubleshooting steps.
    Yes, it is 2.4 GHz. And I don't even have to clear or delete the connection because the wifi I want is not visible and so I am unable to connect.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Might want to look at ttmoo's post above.
    Alternatively, reset the router.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    I think you already got all possible helps, but I'll pitch in anyway.

1. Any chance that the neighbor changed few router settings such as
    SSID name
    broadcast SSID
    WiFi security passphrase
    Limited number of IPs allowed
    radio broadcast channel
    MAC value filter
    G or N setting in router

2. Can you connect the Thrives to any network - library? coffe shop?

Regarding SSID: If PCs can connect, that may mean nothing at this point, because PCs remember that actual connection once setup, and don't need SSID broadcast. Thrive does like to see SSID. That said, check values in your router. Reboot the router by the 5-10 second push button or from GUI.

Something is inconsistent in OP's replys. If WiFi Analyzer sees the router, and strong signal, then Thrive should, I think see it as well. In WiFi Analyzer, find the View which shows router's MAC and security. Do they match what you think it is or what the PCs see?
    1. My neighbour was connected to my wifi, so the router stuff does not apply

2. I can connect the Thrive to the tethered wifi through my phone. My phone is connected to my wifi. In wifi analyzer, it says what the phone and computer sees.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    OP said the problem started about the time of a June update.
    Unless they bought a new router at the same time, but didn't state as such.

Are we aware of any OS updates pushed out in June?
    Haven't run a full stock ROM since November, 2011 and got rid of SS, so I wouldn't have even gotten notification.
    It is possible that is wasn't updated. When I looked two days ago, it said last updated June something. when I looked today, it said it was last updated July 21st, but there was no updates when I scanned for one, so maybe it just says the latest date when update check was done, but maybe no system update was made. Not sure. But both Thrives stopped being connected the same time.

no new router. I did not change anything. I have noticed on the internet others with the same problem, with their home networks. Almost like it forgets the one that it is connected to automatically. One response for someone that worked was to do with updating. He said he did an update and it worked again.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    1. Not necessarily. Can be an interaction thing. A hundred other devices might be able to connect to the router, but something in the configuration could be keeping the Thrive from connecting.
    2. All that means is that the USB connection to the phone works. Bypasses the WiFi settings and circuit. Not applicable in this case.

Never answered (at least I didn't see it) if the Thrive can connect to any other network or public unsecured Hotspot.

Either the router needs to be reset or magically both Thrives had their WiFi hardware go out at the same time or the Thrives need a factory reset.

I'd go with the first option as the simplest and most likely, but only after we verify that either Thrive will connect to ANY WiFi connection ANYwhere.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    As stated previously sounds like you need to go to another known good 2.4 Ghz wireless network and then hit settings-wifi off button, wait a few seconds hit wifi on, and see if your thrive sees the network. If this is true you just proved out software and hardware on the thrive and the fault likely is in the wireless connection, security, frequency, mac filtering, and so on.
    Have you tried reconnecting another of your other wireless devices like your cell phone to your network by deleting connection in phone and have it then see your wifi and grab an IP address?
    FAQ
    Guidelines of Conduct
    We "Thrive" to keep it clean, Help each other out, and have fun !
    If you enjoyed my nonsense feel free to hit the like button.
    Toshiba AT100/16 GB sporting CM10.~ I have no affiliation with any device manufacturer, developer, or application, Any contained statements by me are merely my own opinions to be taken as such ~

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    1. My neighbour was connected to my wifi, so the router stuff does not apply
    But that's impossible.
    It must be magic then. I don't know how one can use WiFi (router's radio side) without a router in the picture.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    There have been no updates from Toshiba for the THRiVE in eons. More than likely the date you are seeing (if this is the Service Station) is the last date that a check for updates was made.

Since WiFi Analyzer can see your network indicates that the hardware on your devices is working. If you have the hotspot in your tablet saved, WiFi Analyzer will see your WiFi even if it is not broadcasting SSID. As a test "forget" the connections on your tablet. Clear the data/cache for WiFi Analyzer and the Force Stop the app. Launch WiFi Analyzer again. Do not do add your network back to the tablet. If WiFi Analyzer sees your network, that means that it is broadcasting SSID, if not, then your router is not broadcasting itself.

Reboot your tablet

Turn WiFi off and then back on

Scan for networks
    if your router is broadcasting it should be found
    if not, manually add the network -- making sure that your security (if any) on the router matches the connection on the tablet

I have my router set to not broadcast and at times the WiFi will not automatically connect. At times when I check the networks, the tablet reports that my router is out of range when it is not. When this happens I have to turn WiFi off and on (sometimes more than once) on the tablet before it will successfully reconnect. This is a bug/issue with Toshiba's ICS update.

Since both tablets stopped connecting at the same time indicates there are issues with your router:
    Are you using DHCP?
    Do you have MAC address filtering turned on?
    Is it set to broadcast SSID?
    What type of security are you using?
    What is the IP range (network mask)?
    Have you checked for new firmware for your router?
    What brand/model of router?

It is possible that is wasn't updated. When I looked two days ago, it said last updated June something. when I looked today, it said it was last updated July 21st, but there was no updates when I scanned for one, so maybe it just says the latest date when update check was done, but maybe no system update was made. Not sure. But both Thrives stopped being connected the same time.

no new router. I did not change anything. I have noticed on the internet others with the same problem, with their home networks. Almost like it forgets the one that it is connected to automatically. One response for someone that worked was to do with updating. He said he did an update and it worked again.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    But that's impossible.
    It must be magic then. I don't know how one can use WiFi (router's radio side) without a router in the picture.
    I am sorry, I meant that she did not change router or anything because she does not have one. She was connected to my wifi. I did not change anything either. I just mentioned it to show it is the Thrive that is not connecting because 2 of them are not, and my phone and two computers do connect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads