• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tz1
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Bluetooth to RS232 with internal rechargable battery, charges through pin 9 or with external adpater.
    AIRcable - Long Range Bluetooth Devices

When I get my thrive I will try some of my USB ethernet adapters, however you might be able to use a "travel router", basically wifi to ethernet designed for this sort of thing and only a bit more expensive.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm in the same boat as W8FS. I work at a military base in Afghanistan and WiFi is simply not an option. It's not allowed for security reasons and even if it were, I'm in such a high RF environment that any wireless router would probably be swamped by co-channel interference. An open Intenet connection is available through the old, familiar, ubiquitous RJ45 cable, and my laptop connects fine. It just seems silly to have to download a book from Amazon to my laptop and then do a modified sneaker net to a Thrive, when all that has to be done is write a driver for someone's USB to Ethernet adapter. I'd love to buy a Thrive, but I'm holding off for this reason.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    910 times
    There's hope. But we will need HC3.2 and some dev help.

Connect To The Web With Your Transformer Via An Ethernet Cable | xda-developers

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I have linksys route...has 4 ports ( I think?). One ethernet cable connect from PC to Route but I was wonder if I buy another ethernet cable for Thrive on 2nd port or not?

Thank you,
    Deafbear

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1953 times
    No, the Android OS does not support Ethernet Cable connections at this time.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What a bummer!

Thank you,

Deafbear ;-(

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    maybe there is hope, this from the link mccarver2000 posted
    "XDA member Quiethinker posted a driver pack for Honeycomb 3.2 in the Transformer section"
    but would Toshiba give it to us?
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    I just stumbled onto this but I'm not aware how much of it is possible, or I'm just seeing someone sell hair tonic in a bottle and calling it the miracle cure.

Let's talk about Google Android: Step by step to enable LAN access for Motorola XOOM
    Toshiba Thrive 10" - CynagenMod 10 "Convoluted Crocodile U3"
    Motorola Atrix 2 (ICS) - Stock
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Retired
    Ubuntu 12.04 32bit
    Kumbuntu 11.11 32bit
    Windows 8 RC 32bit

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am looking for the same thing. I am involved in a Citrix/VDI project that includes Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) and while I can test the Thrive at home cuz I have wireless, I cannot test at work, cuz wireless is still taboo. I have an unused Linksys router with wireless I could experiment on, but I would have to make sure it could not be sniffed outside of my office. I am reluctant to spen and hard cash on a work-around. USB to wired or Bluetooth to wired would be the best solution. Guess we keep our fingers crossed and keep checking forums...

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    No, the Android OS does not support Ethernet Cable connections at this time.
    There is a gadget and a driver. See links here:
    Is there a way to convert a wireless signal to wired? - Wilders Security Forums
    whether Thrive could use it without major command hassles, depends on Toshiba? On all of you experts here?
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Ads