• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bluetooth connectivity problems

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Bluetooth connectivity problems

Hi,

I've been trying to connect the Thrive to a set of Motorola "Motorokr S305" wireless headphones via bluetooth. I've gone into "Device Settings" -> "Turn on Bluetooth" -> "Make Device Discoverable" -> "Find Nearby Devices" - > "Scan For Devices".

The Thrive goes into search mode, however the headphones never show up.

I know the headphones work fine because I'm able to connect to an Android phone via Bluetooth without any problems.

Any ideas re: a workaround ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bump.....

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I believe that once a headset is paired to another Bluetooth "receive" device, you would need to also restart the pair method on the headset when you want to pair them to a new device.
    BobjGear and McGruff like this.
    Thrive 10.1 32GB - Stock Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).4.0.4 - SDXC 64GB

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There is a code for androids to put Bluetooth in test mode. Get the code corresponding to your device and use it. This will put your Bluetooth in test mode and it will suggest whether the Bluetooth is working properly or not. If your Bluetooth is working properly try deleting the old headset pairing and then try to pair the headset.
    McGruff likes this.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    I have a Samsung bluetooth headset that I couldn't get to work with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Then I remembered what I learned playing around with my son's imac BT keyboard to get it connected to the ps3: sometimes, at least, you have to remove the programming from the BT add-on device--in my case, headset which had been paired/connected to previous phone. I think it was a simple power button hold for X seconds but it may be different for yours. After that, connection achieved. I'm sure that amounts to removing/re-pairing on a device that has a screen to show what's going on. My son said he could use that same headset from the phone to the ps3 without doing any "flushing" so I guess it's a "try-and-see" situation.
    McGruff likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smlunatick View Post
    I believe that once a headset is paired to another Bluetooth "receive" device, you would need to also restart the pair method on the headset when you want to pair them to a new device.
    That did the trick ! Thanks for your help.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonThomas View Post
    There is a code for androids to put Bluetooth in test mode. Get the code corresponding to your device and use it. This will put your Bluetooth in test mode and it will suggest whether the Bluetooth is working properly or not. If your Bluetooth is working properly try deleting the old headset pairing and then try to pair the headset.
    Thanks for the suggestion. As it turned out I just needed to restart the pairing sequence.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    I have a Samsung bluetooth headset that I couldn't get to work with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Then I remembered what I learned playing around with my son's imac BT keyboard to get it connected to the ps3: sometimes, at least, you have to remove the programming from the BT add-on device--in my case, headset which had been paired/connected to previous phone. I think it was a simple power button hold for X seconds but it may be different for yours. After that, connection achieved. I'm sure that amounts to removing/re-pairing on a device that has a screen to show what's going on. My son said he could use that same headset from the phone to the ps3 without doing any "flushing" so I guess it's a "try-and-see" situation.
    Thanks for your suggestions. Going through the pairing sequence again did the trick. Now if Toshiba would only address the issue of low output volume on certain videos, I wouldn't need to bother with the bluetooth headphones and their individual volume controls.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    How do you remove or "forget" a device that has been previously paired? I have a Logitech BT keyboard that has quit working. I can't think of anything else to try other than going through the pairing procedure again. The keyboard appears to be paired but the tablet does not respond to key presses.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Settings /bluetooth/(pick device) /settings /unpair
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads