• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times

Error 941 - trying to update what is this fix????

When I try to update Adobe Flash, Google Movies, Google Maps I am getting a download Error of 941. - How do I find out how to correct this so I can update these apps?? Anyone out there who can assist?? Thanks in advance.

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    I have found that clearing data and cache in your applications settings I'll generally fix most dwnldg errors - you will just have to sign back into Google after you do it -

From my Honey Baked Thrive
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    What I finally did was I went into Google Play and cleared the data and cache from my application settings. I then went into my installed apps from Google Play icon and all my apps look like they have been updated except the you tube one which I don't want updated.
    My other question is I guess this was a shortcut to do all try and fix these 3 apps which would not update. Would I have been able to go into each one and individually and clear the cache and data on maps, adobe flash and google movies rather than do it through the Google Play app?

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    most of the time that will fix it.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    one time I was trying to update a app that gave me a error.I did the cache and data in the app but still got the error.I open my browser and typed in the app I was trying to update.i looked for the one that had Google play.I went there and downloaded it with no problem.I don't know what the problem was.guess I could have uninstalled it and then went to Google play and download it.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Thats what I resorted to also and it still did not work. These Androids are really finicky. My next move was going to be to uninstall and re-installed but I was really hesitant to do that because I figured I can't be resorting to that. I think that Google knows there are issues its just too new technology.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1932 times
    If you are trying to update an app and get an error that persists, clearing the app cache and data will not help. The issue has to be with Google Play. You will have to go in and clear the cache for it and let it straighten itself out.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Halo, right after you posted the original message, I went in to Play Store and noticed I had updates waiting for Adobe Flash and Google Maps, I just clicked the update button for each one and they updated with no problems. Not sure what your issue was, but glad you got it resolved. Sorry I didn't post earlier, got busy and couldn't get back until now.
    Toshiba Thrive 32GB
    Running DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    That's okay, lt is like Dalpei posted if you ever have a problem it has to be corrected through Google Play. I found that out before the post. I had tried the clear cache, clear data individually on each of the apps and it did not work. Not until I went into Google Play through settings did it finally let me update.
    Last edited by Halo; 03-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    thanks dalepl.i only had the problem once.did finally got the update.

Ads