• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: battery not charging

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

battery not charging

Hi there,
    I charged my thrive overnight but now as battery has gone dead and i cant charge it since. I have taken battery out but no good still. any help
    thanks
    kathryn

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    I had the same problem , but we took the battery out let it set a bit then put back in and and it did charge. I know someone will come in and help you out. I hope you get it working.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Try taking out both batteries (small round blue one as well). Leave them out for five minutes. Put them back and see if it will charge.

When you plug the charger in, does the charge LED light up? If so, what color?

There is a chance that the battery may have failed (they have smart chips). The battery is covered under warranty.
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 03-05-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    when you have the thrive pluged in to the charger are all the lights on and what color is the charging light. by the power buttom? thay should be..there has been a few people that had to replace the battery under warranty.probely a bad battery.
    Last edited by rtmaston; 03-05-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi there,
    thanks,I have taken out and put back in both batteries, when i switch on, the battery light flashes orange then after a min or so the tablet goes dead even though i have it plugged in to charge. where if my battery is fried will i send it i presume the crowd i bought it or toshiba themselves. or do i actually have to return the battery. thanks

now it wont stay on only for a few secs
    Last edited by murfbrowne; 03-05-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Any help, please

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    if you pull the big battery and plug it into the ac adapter will the thrive boot up? if it does it probably a bad battery.im going to shut my thrive down and pull the battery and see if it will boot.ill let you know in a bit
    Last edited by rtmaston; 03-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    im now running my thrive without the battery and back off.i have removed my battery out of the thrive and pluged the ac adapter.the thrive boots fine without the battery.only lights are on is power and battery which is orange normal color.try what i told you and let us know if the thrive will boot normal.going to shut down and put the battery back in.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    after running the thrive without the battery in it .i shut it down and put the battery and cover back on.booted the thrive i had no power light only light that was on was the battery light it look normal color.i had to go back and removed both battery for 5 minutes and now back to normal.guess i had to reset it.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Battery Losing Charge

I tried all that has been suggested. When I began, it was at 13%. After unhooking both batteries, waiting 5+ minutes, then re-connecting them, plugging it in and waiting two hours, it is now at 12%. I purchased my Thrive last July. I guess my warranty is gone. A new battery costs approx. $30.00 & I've just purchased one. My question is "If I keep it on the docking station and under electric power, will it stay on?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads