• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Developer

    Member #
    459
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    8,928
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Apota View Post
    Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I'd be happy to answer all of your questions. I decided I wanted to install the Thrive 0032 Stock Rooted ROM. I read the instructions for installing it and it said to install that ROM you needed to have ClockWorkMod Recovery flashed to my device. Then under the instructions for installing the ClockWord Mod it says you need to install Android SDK ADB and also Fastboot. So, that's why I was intalling it. Have I gotten something wrong here? That's what the instructions seem to be telling me. Yeah, I installed Java on my PC. I installed jdk-7-windows-x64.exe.
    No need to install the SDK. If you download my Thrive Easy Flash Tool, it has the required drivers and ClockWorkMod Recovery all in one package. You can get it here: http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/to...rive-root.html
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.


  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    582
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, thanks. I've actually already figured it out and done it. I installed both the CWM and the 0032, but I'm not sure which version of 0032 was installed. I want to install the Stock Rooted 0032 ROM. So I was going to manually do it with the CWM, but it doesn't seem to be working. I still get the signature verfication failed. So, how do I get it into CWM mode? I must still be in the Toshiba Thrive Reocery Utility. I just assumed CWM would replace the Toshiba Recovery mode, but it doesn't seem too.

    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    No need to install the SDK. If you download my Thrive Easy Flash Tool, it has the required drivers and ClockWorkMod Recovery all in one package. You can get it here: http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/to...rive-root.html

  4. #23
    Developer

    Member #
    459
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    8,928
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Apota View Post
    Yeah, thanks. I've actually already figured it out and done it. I installed both the CWM and the 0032, but I'm not sure which version of 0032 was installed. I want to install the Stock Rooted 0032 ROM.So I was going to manually do it with the CWM, but it doesn't seem to be working. I still get the signature verfication failed. So, how do I get it into CWM mode? I must still be in the Toshiba Thrive Reocery Utility. I just assumed CWM would replace the Toshiba Recovery mode, but it doesn't seem too.
    Yes, you do not have ClockWorkMod Recovery loaded. That is why it is failing signature verification. PM me and I will help you out.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.


  5. #24
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    582
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    1 times
    Please ignore my PM, I got it working. The problem was I installed the CWM and then I installed the 0032 ROM and by installing the ROM it got rid of the CWM mode some how. So, I just reinstalled the CWM and it's working. I'm installing the update.zip right now from the SD card. Thanks! I'll test Ad-Hoc mode now.

    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Yes, you do not have ClockWorkMod Recovery loaded. That is why it is failing signature verification. PM me and I will help you out.

  6. #25
    Developer

    Member #
    459
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    8,928
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Apota View Post
    Please ignore my PM, I got it working. The problem was I installed the CWM and then I installed the 0032 ROM and by installing the ROM it got rid of the CWM mode some how. So, I just reinstalled the CWM and it's working. I'm installing the update.zip right now from the SD card. Thanks! I'll test Ad-Hoc mode now.
    No problem. Just let me know if you need any additional help. Please post any additional request in thee ROM thread.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.


  7. #26
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    582
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, I'll do that. I just tested Ad-Hoc mode and it's working now, and I also tested CWM again to make sure it's still there after the other custom ROM is installed and it is. So, everything seems great now. I'm so happy. Thanks so much for all of the help everybody it's greatly appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    No problem. Just let me know if you need any additional help. Please post any additional request in thee ROM thread.

  8. #27
    Thrive Operative
    Member #
    454
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Queens NY
    Posts
    169
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Apota View Post
    Well, all you have to do is follow the instructions step by step and it should work. There is a few issues doing it this way though. The first is blutooth is really slow at transfering data and the second is that PDANet for Tablet will only allow internet access for a few things, like email and your internet browser, it won't work with any apps that require internet access. So, if you just want to do those 2 things it's fine.

    The best thing to do is Root your phone and install an app that turns your phone into a WiFi hotspot. Like Open Garden WiFi Tether, the same app is also called a bunch of different names. This app also is supposed to allow you to connect either via Blutooth or WiFi but I haven't been able to figure out how to get that to work yet with blutooth, but I have no problems getting to work with the WiFi on my friends phone since he has a newer phone. If you have a newer phone it will work with no problem, because it will work in Infrustructure Mode, but older phones is a problem because they will only work in Ad-Hoc Mode, and the tablet can't see Ad-Hoc networks unless you root the tablet and change some files, one is called WPA something, but I don't think that's available for the Thrive yet because it's so new. If you have a newer phone you don't have to worry about it.

    Let me know if you have any questions. I hope that was helpful.
    I tried using the app you suggested and it did not work for me
    Motorola Photon 4G ,Yes Baby It Is Rooted
    Toshiba Thrive FINALLY ROOTED YEAAAAAAAAAH
    Windows 7 On A HP Laptop

  9. #28
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    582
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    1 times
    I mentioned more then one app, which one are you talking about? Open Garden WiFi Tether or PDANet for Tablet? The first one requires your phone be rooted the second doesn't but you have to follow the online instructions. If you are still having problems then you need to be more specific with your problems.

    http://junefabrics.com/android/tablet.php


    PdaNet for Android Tablet setup instructions
    Phone Side

    Install "PdaNet Tablet" on your Android phone from Android Market, launch it and select "Server Mode". When you are ready to connect, tap "Enable Bluetooth DUN".

    Tablet Side

    Install "PdaNet Tablet" on your Android tablet from Android Market, launch it and select "Client Mode".

    Step 1 Setup web proxy for your tablet so that they will go through PdaNet

    Step 2 Connects to your phone through bluetooth.



    Quote Originally Posted by Hookmeup View Post
    I tried using the app you suggested and it did not work for me


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

connect razor maxx to toshiba tablet using easy tether

,
how do i make a motorola a855 droid into a hotspot
,
how do i tether my droid razr maxx to my toshiba thrive
,

how to tether a toshiba thrive tablet

,

is there a way to add internet to my tablet toshiba

,
open garden vs pdanet
,

pdanet vs open garden

,
tethering from phone to toshiba tablet wont connect to apps
,

tethering toshiba thrive to consumer cellular smartphone

,
toshiba at300se tethering
,
toshiba help with usb tethering
,
toshiba thrive jelly been e:signature verfication failed
,

toshiba thrive tethering

,

use tethering toshiba thrive

,

using driod a855 as hotspot

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread