• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not sure what you are saying. So, your saying if you do the Toshiba update it will screw up the custom ROM that you installed and you just have to wait for an updated custom ROM to install that they make after each Update that Toshiba does?

Quote Originally Posted by Oaklands View Post
    I wait until they root the new release. It's a lot easier than unrooting and rooting again.

Tapatalk and Toshiba Thrive.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Apota View Post
    I'm not sure what you are saying. So, your saying if you do the Toshiba update it will screw up the custom ROM that you installed and you just have to wait for an updated custom ROM to install that they make after each Update that Toshiba does?
    Yes, he is saying that he currently has a custom rooted ROM installed and instead of undoing any mods and the root, he will just wait for one of us to root the newest update. That way all he has to do is install it over his current ROM and he will get the update and root in one step.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not sure if it's OK to post here or if I should post in a different forum. I want to install the DaleNet-Thrive-0032-Root-v1.1 custom ROM. It says before you can install the custom ROM you need to install the ClockWorkMod, so I tried to install it by copying the CWM-new.zip file to the SD Card and doing the, "apply update from external storage" and i get the following error message:

E:signature verfication failed
    Installation aborted.

So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I thought I followed all of the steps completely. Thanks so much for all your help and time!

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Yes, he is saying that he currently has a custom rooted ROM installed and instead of undoing any mods and the root, he will just wait for one of us to root the newest update. That way all he has to do is install it over his current ROM and he will get the update and root in one step.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    I'm not sure if it's OK to post here or if I should post in a different forum. I want to install the DaleNet-Thrive-0032-Root-v1.1 custom ROM. It says before you can install the custom ROM you need to install the ClockWorkMod, so I tried to install it by copying the CWM-new.zip file to the SD Card and doing the, "apply update from external storage" and i get the following error message:

E:signature verfication failed
    Installation aborted.

So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I thought I followed all of the steps completely. Thanks so much for all your help and time!
    You cannot install it through the stock recovery. You will need to get my flash tool to install it and then you can install my ROM.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I actually just found the instructions on how to install CWM. It says you need Android SDK ADB and Fastboot to do it. I searched the forums but I haven't been able to find them yet. Thanks.

You cannot install it through the stock recovery. You will need to get my flash tool to install it and then you can install my ROM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nevermind, I found Android SDK, so I'll try to install it now. I can't find the Fastboot for the Thrive, but I found Thrive Easy Flash Tool (DOS) Version 0.5.1 so I guess I can use that instead of Fastboot. I'll try to install both of them right now. I'll let you know if I have any problems. Thanks again!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    SDK3.jpgSDK4.gif

Can anybody help me figure out why Android SDK and AVD Manger isn't working? When I start it I get an error message saying it failed to fetch URL..... So, I researched it online and people say if you go to settings and put a check mark next to "Force https://...sources to be fetched using http://..." that it would fix the issue, but I did that and I have the same problem. Also when I close out of SDK it gives me another error message saying that Java is not found in my path. So, I went to the user variables and added the Java path it told me too to the path variable and rebooted the computer and it's still giving me that error message. I did it correctly so I don't know why it's saying it still can't find it. I've attached 4 pictures showing the problem. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Apota; 08-29-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: added 2 more pics

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I don't know what the problems are with AVD manager, but you could just toss all that and go get Dalepl's flash tool at this thread and follow the pretty darn easy instructions and have your Thrive rooted pretty quick. I'm new to Android myself and unless you're using WinXp, the process is pretty close to painless. Go look, get and try.

http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/to...rive-root.html

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    SDK3.jpgSDK4.gif

Can anybody help me figure out why Android SDK and AVD Manger isn't working? When I start it I get an error message saying it failed to fetch URL..... So, I researched it online and people say if you go to settings and put a check mark next to "Force https://...sources to be fetched using http://..." that it would fix the issue, but I did that and I have the same problem. Also when I close out of SDK it gives me another error message saying that Java is not found in my path. So, I went to the user variables and added the Java path it told me too to the path variable and rebooted the computer and it's still giving me that error message. I did it correctly so I don't know why it's saying it still can't find it. I've attached 4 pictures showing the problem. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks!
    First dumb question. Did you install java on your PC? It does not come or get installed with the SDK. You have to go out and install it yourself. Second dumb question. Why are you installing the SDK? If you are going to start app development, then you need the SDK. If not, you do not need it and will be taking up space on your PC for no reason. As BlueFire has said, you can downloa dmy thrive easy flash tool and get the required adb drivers for your PC. They are included. Let us know what you are doing or if you need any additional help with this.
    My Development

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I'd be happy to answer all of your questions. I decided I wanted to install the Thrive 0032 Stock Rooted ROM. I read the instructions for installing it and it said to install that ROM you needed to have ClockWorkMod Recovery flashed to my device. Then under the instructions for installing the ClockWord Mod it says you need to install Android SDK ADB and also Fastboot. So, that's why I was intalling it. Have I gotten something wrong here? That's what the instructions seem to be telling me. Yeah, I installed Java on my PC. I installed jdk-7-windows-x64.exe.

First dumb question. Did you install java on your PC? It does not come or get installed with the SDK. You have to go out and install it yourself. Second dumb question. Why are you installing the SDK? If you are going to start app development, then you need the SDK. If not, you do not need it and will be taking up space on your PC for no reason. As BlueFire has said, you can downloa dmy thrive easy flash tool and get the required adb drivers for your PC. They are included. Let us know what you are doing or if you need any additional help with this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads