• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Save picture from Gmail

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Yesterday I snapped a pic with my phone & sent it to my Gmail account (not smart phone, not tethered, nothing fancy.) While on tablet, opened email, tapped pic & saved to tablet. I wanted to upload the pic to a FB post - found the pic using File Manager under Downloads & tapped OK. FB got stuck & never uploaded. So I went to Downloads & tapped pic to view it & got message "file corrupted" I just saved the pic from Gmail onto work PC no problem.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm at work right now & don't have tablet with me but wanted to see if anyone had ideas for when I get home.

Thank you!
    Pamalala

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    909 times
    Try using the app Save my Attach

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pamalala View Post
    Good Afternoon Everyone.

Yesterday I snapped a pic with my phone & sent it to my Gmail account (not smart phone, not tethered, nothing fancy.) While on tablet, opened email, tapped pic & saved to tablet. I wanted to upload the pic to a FB post - found the pic using File Manager under Downloads & tapped OK. FB got stuck & never uploaded. So I went to Downloads & tapped pic to view it & got message "file corrupted" I just saved the pic from Gmail onto work PC no problem.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm at work right now & don't have tablet with me but wanted to see if anyone had ideas for when I get home.

Thank you!
    Pamalala
    Just a thought. How big is the original file? Is your email app set to download larger files? Many are set for something like 32kb and you have to download the rest. Usually there is a little notice, I forget what it says. If you don't download the whole email, the file will not all be there and you'll get the corrupted notice.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    mcarver - I will get that app & try it tonight - thanks!
    Dave - not sure what you mean about email app. I have gmail and usually just open it when I get a notification at the bottom of the tablet. As for file size, this work PC shows it to be 47KB jpeg file. So maybe it is too big? Never had any problems downloading pics taken with my phone on PCs but maybe tablet or Andriod OS is different.

Pamalala

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pamalala View Post
    Dave - not sure what you mean about email app. I have gmail and usually just open it when I get a notification at the bottom of the tablet. As for file size, this work PC shows it to be 47KB jpeg file. So maybe it is too big? Never had any problems downloading pics taken with my phone on PCs but maybe tablet or Andriod OS is different.
    Sorry, I should have checked. I see the gmail app doesn't have that setting, it either downloads attachments or lets you do it. Other email apps only download so much, like 32kb, and then let you download the rest. Most now also have an unlimited setting.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Got the app & was able to upload using FB app. Thanks for the solution.
    Have a great night.
    Pamalala

Ads