• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Help! My Thrive will not turn the screen on with the power button...

Hoping someone can help with this...I have had my Toshiba Thrive for about two weeks since christmas and today I took it off the charger and the lights are on but no one is home. It turned on fine and I used it for a minute and then turned the screen off and now the power button will not work to turn it on again. UGG... I thought I might be able to pull the battery and do a hard reset but I cant get the dang back off to try it. I feel like it will just break. Anyone had this problem in the past?

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    What ROM build is on your device? It sounds like you have the Sleep of Death. Push and hold the power button until the device shuts off. Once it is off, you should be able to boot it back up. If you are on a ROM build prior to HMJ37.01.5.0032, then you need to update. This is what that ROM build fixed.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    To the right of the camera on the edge is the lock switch for the cover. Slide it until the red dot is covered, that will unlock the cover. Place your finger nails, left and right hand into the speakers and gently pull up. It may take some finis but the cover will now open. There is a slide release for the battery.
    John

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Friends - I am using a new Thrive (from Woot) that I ordered about a month ago. My unit won't reboot under any circumstance (normal process, holding Up Volume and selecting boot or Out of Box icon). I've seen posts from others with the same problem and the suggestion to check the firmware but since I can't boot, I don't know how to do that. I have just removed the back and the battery in hopes I can reboot. Am I on the right track? Just rebooted and still nothing. I get the flash screen and the bubbling graphic but it locks here. Help!
    Last edited by bigbaddadtx; 01-07-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Settings

There is also a little blue battery that you may want to disconnect as well. I believe that holds some settings. There have been some issues with Woot purchases. If you get into settings >privacy >factory reset may be a better way to go.
    Last edited by 702093; 01-07-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    John

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    If it continues to pnly boot to the bootanimation, then you will need to flash a ROM onto it. You can go into recovery and try doing a factory reset first. If it is still stuck on the boot animation, then a reflash is what you will have to do.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did the factory reset and reboot and no improvement. How can I reflash ROM if it doesn't boot? Connect via USB?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    First, what ROM do you have loaded? Do you have fastboot in the recovery menu?
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the responses on this. I was able to get the back off and pulling the battery fixed that eternal lock up I was having. Thanks for the help!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have no idea why but my system did boot this morning and is walking through the set up process now (so my reset to factory default yesterday worked but didn't boot yesterday???) My Build Number is HMJ37.01.5.0018 and since that resembles your other posts about flashing to ROM HMJ37.01.5.0032 I presume that is my ROM version and I need to update? How do I reflash my ROM?

Ads