• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Can't Get Adfree For Android To Work

Hello all another Thrive newbe here... I tried to install Adfree for Android from the market but it doesn't work. I looking to either get that ap working or to find another free Ad Blocker ap. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance all.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    AdFree is working fine for me. There are some differences in what it blocks between my phone and tablet, and whether some things get comepletely blocked or get a ? inplace of the add. the one thing I would recommend is after install updating and re-booting.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    Hello all another Thrive newbe here... I tried to install Adfree for Android from the market but it doesn't work. I looking to either get that ap working or to find another free Ad Blocker ap. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance all.
    Have you rooted your device?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    AdFree only works with rooted devices. An alternative for non-rooted devices is AdBlock

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    AdFree works fine here.
    The curious thing is the size of their hosts file. It's enormous. I plan to look through it because I suspect that they did not eliminate duplicates when they merged two lists.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    My suspicions are wrong. I put this file through Excel mill in Windows. The 900+ meg file has no duplicates whatsoever. It does have some domains that shouldn't be blocked perhaps, for some people, such as some promotion from Newegg (mentioned on this forum), and I'm sure there are others, there usually are.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Ads