• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

display screen query

hi all, just got my 32 gig thrive yesterday.. i did some research before buying it and my biggest actually only concern was that the display screen was not ips technology..i used it a bit and the scren is actually quite fine. resolution is great and the colour tone is more natural. now my question is that, what is the honeycomb kinda grid right under the display glass? i probably think its the touch screen grid..i have the ipad2 also and i had to really try very hard to actually notice that the ipad2 scren has one too but not so prominent as in the thrive...does anyone know of any inside source to find out what technology toshiba is using for their screen and is it something better for the grid to be visible at an angle and and when switched off? thanks guys, :

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Toshiba is be extremely silent on the 'type' and technology of their Thrive screen. It must have something to do with their 'adaptive' display (does it attempt to use ambient light to reflect back to augment the backlight???).

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the auto brightness and video enhancement both turned off.. I don't think the honeycomb looking grid really affects screen resolution/clarity, but only thing is that this is the first time I have seen a visible honeycomb looking grid under the display glass when turned off and seen at an angle..i know I'm being a bit too anal retentive but I like knowing what is going on within a gadget. Or maybe they don't have it tight glued on to the glass just incase someone accidentally cracks their screen, so they don't have to replace the whole touch screen module??? Makes sense??? Thanks.

Remove Ads

Ads