• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

sdcard folders are all wrong after update

Hello,
    I'm really hoping someone can help me figure this one out. I did the 3.2 update a couple of weeks back and noticed that I now had tons of duplicate folders and Music files that had gone unreachable but still wasting 10GBs. Today I did a "Factory Reset" on the device hoping that it would repaird itself back to "clean". The results are mostly fine but:
    - I cannot access the Thrive via USB
    - My SDCARD folder for the physical SDCARD is now at : /mnt/sdcard2/ .... I'm guessing because there was previously a /mnt/sdcard/ when the system was refreshed

How do I revert the folder structure (I'm not rooted) back to where it should be? Because all my file managers consider the wrong folder to be the sdcard now.

thanks,
    Mike

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    UPDATE:
    I got the USB working, though ... I either feel totally stupid or I'm just going crazy. It seems to have been the wire I was using (perhaps power only, no data?), but I'd swear I used that same wire this AM before resetting the device. Either way ... glad it's back.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    HC 3.2.1 changed the mount point on the sd card. If your music was on it prior to the update, the player saved the directory structure to the original structure then created a new structure for the new mount point. This would be why you dad double entries, but one would not work. All you needed to do was go into settings and clear the data for the app and it would have forgotten the old path and saved the new one.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Remove Ads

Ads