• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Toshiba Thrive rear camera problems

Hello everyone,

I just received my Toshiba Thrive and everything seemed to be going so well until i turned on the camera app and there in garbled green hues, was the 5 megapixel mess.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to solve this.. i've seen a couple posts in these forums about people experiencing the same issue but usually it's post rooting and something as simple as change the camera setting from auto focus to infinity or something..

If i change any of the settings in the camera app, it force closes the app, freezes the tablet and restarts it.

I'm running android 3.1, all the software and firmware are as up to date as they can be but the camera problem persists

It's Saturday now i just thought i would throw it out there to see if anyone had any ideas, otherwise, it goes back on Monday. Thanks in advance.

2011-11-19 13.58.25.jpg

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    Your best bet would be to do a factory reset on the device.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh i thought i wrote that in. Thanks for your reply, i've actually done five or so factory resets. Nada colada, it's like the camera is consistently pointed at some expanse of the incredible hulk.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    A couple of people have found a piece of tape obscuring the lense. Remove the back cover and take a good look at the camera lense. If you do not find anything, I would get a replacement.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Sorry To Hear About Problem with The Camera.I Would Send It Back For A Replacement.If You Have Already Did A Reset Then It Is Something Wrong With The Unit.Hope You Get A Replacement Quick.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    A piece of tape obscuring the lense? wow... this tablet is a treasure hunt of problems! haha... Nah, no sticky tape over the lense issues, sadly. That, whilst mildly ridiculous would have been easily rectifiable. Yeah so the issues continue... the annoying part is... i'm actually a photographer, i have tons of camera gear and i'd never actually use the tablet camera buttt... i can't let go of the fact that it doesn't work.
    Well, i'll be around with the tablet all weekend, eyeing it with mild suspicion and disdain. If anyone else has any ideas, they'd be most welcome. Thanks

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    If you just got it, send it back and say the camera is defective. Obviously it is. Ehh, what can you do... Just got a tt with a lemon camera.

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    ~ Exile

Toshiba Tank - OOM + Overclocked
    HTC Evo 3D - not rooted "yet"
    Lenovo Y560 - i7q720, ATI 5730, G700

Rooting Guides: BatFish CWM Guide | Dalepl Roms | Bilgediver Root Videos

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    It does look like a hardware problem. But before returning or sending in for repair, does the camera still do this with the back cover removed?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It does indeed, in truth i'm guessing it must be a software issue or a mix of hardware and software because when the rear camera is chosen it starts showing garbled representations of my home screen in green. That is, it starts showing the apps on my home screen all mixed up with combinations of apps from my other screens all interwoven into the extraterrestrial green background. I'd like to use it over the weekend but i've pretty much put it back in the box to await further action on Monday. Thanks for your suggestions though. I'm sure it's a good tablet in the end but i think this has put me off rooting it when a fully functioning version finally arrives.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1947 times
    You could root it and load one of my ROMs to see if it fixes the issue. If it does not, then it has to be the hardware.
    My Development

Ads