• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By techelec

Thread: Is it possible to add words to the Voice Recognition Dictionary?

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times

Is it possible to add words to the Voice Recognition Dictionary?

I've been using the voice recognizer for a while. It's great, but the only major flaw is that it does not recognize what I say. Sometimes, when I say my father's name, it thinks it's "A Plate of Spaghetti" (which cracks me up).

Is is possible to add a word to the dictionary so it recognizes it? Like in Swype?
    702093 likes this.
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Not sure, but FlexT9 Speak-Trace-Write-Tap might work better. With one of their latest updates, it will pull your contact information automatically. It might just make it smarter, besides, Nuance Communications has been in the "dictation" business for a long time and with a great track record.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    I actually use the Voice Recognizer for something called "Speaktoit Assistant". It doesn't work on the thrive, but the voice recognizing capabilties are incredibly incredble. Beats Apple's Siri. Anyway, you could try sideloading if you want. I can send you the APK file since its freeware.

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    bumpppppP!

Remove Ads

Ads