• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: car charger question

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Anyone know if the PWR+ CAR CHARGER PA3922U-1ARA FOR TOSHIBA THRIVE TABLET | eBay charger would work on an airline power plug? American airlines has these cig. style power outlets and I don't know if I can charge my Thrive with them. Anyone with any knowledge on this subject????
    AA's specs are: On some aircraft, your seat may be equipped with a DC power outlet, using a "cigarette lighter" style outlet delivering 15 volts of direct current (and up to 75 watts).
    I have emailed the supplier of the above mentioned eBay listing but have not heard back yet.
    Last edited by epags; 10-06-2011 at 03:01 PM.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I bought this one for my Thrive from eBay and it works great.
    Jp

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Visit my Weather Page http://jolietwx.com

tel
    Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    important to get the amp right or you'll brick your tablet and below 19v is o.k, but it will take longer to charge.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    +1 to all who said power inverter. I also have used a power inverter for a very long time, its extremely portable and not heavy at all. Wasn't expensive either, I use Belkin Products because the majority of their products have 10 year warranties and if it breaks for any reason you can mail it back for a replacement without a receipt. Ive done their RMA process before its very quick and easy.

I use the one in the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IRWR/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=ctrlzgroup-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399369&creat i veASIN=B00006IRWR
    DISCLAIMER:
    I enjoy consuming the blood of small/medium sized mammals this includes the following: goats, cows, pigs, and human children. If you are any of the listed creatures or in the category of "small/medium sized mammals" please avoid me at all costs. Do not sustain any cuts as the smell of blood excites me. Death by Chupacabra is extremely painful. The pain however will only last several minutes as the sudden blood loss will cause you to lose consciousness.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmorgan49 View Post
    I bought this one for my Thrive from eBay and it works great.
    Jp

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I wanted to buy one like that but I did not see how it was going to turn 12v into the required 19v.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Here's how I see it, how many new gadgets will you own in the next 10 years? Why spend $10-$15 on eBay ($20-$60 in stores) for a car charger every time you get a new gadget when you can buy a power inverter from amazon (see link in my last reply) for $30 and be set for 10+ years.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk
    DISCLAIMER:
    I enjoy consuming the blood of small/medium sized mammals this includes the following: goats, cows, pigs, and human children. If you are any of the listed creatures or in the category of "small/medium sized mammals" please avoid me at all costs. Do not sustain any cuts as the smell of blood excites me. Death by Chupacabra is extremely painful. The pain however will only last several minutes as the sudden blood loss will cause you to lose consciousness.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by donald150 View Post
    I wanted to buy one like that but I did not see how it was going to turn 12v into the required 19v.
    It is called transforming the voltage. Mostly realized with coils. You can also transform 12v to 220v without a problem.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Here's how I see it, how many new gadgets will you own in the next 10 years? Why spend $10-$15 on eBay ($20-$60 in stores) for a car charger every time you get a new gadget when you can buy a power inverter from amazon (see link in my last reply) for $30 and be set for 10+ years.
    I think that the original poster wanted a solution that was as small as possible, so the eBay solution would probably fit the bill there.

Myself, I also run an inverter, and find them the most economical solution. The Belkin unit linked to above does not have a 10 year warranty though. It does have a 1 year warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads