• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You can look next to the DC port to get the polarity. Looks like GND is the outside and V+ inside. Just FYI, the power bricks for the HP netbooks have identical specs.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    THe only gripe i have about the thrive. Why on earth didnt they charge through usb.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure about all the other tablets, but I know the Xoom doesn't do this either. The basic problem is that the battery in the Thrive is like 10.3V and a USB port is 5V. There are ways to charge a higher voltage battery with a lower voltage supply, but it means additional hardware in the Thrive as well as additional heat. Not to mention that it would take FOREVER to charge that way, especially off a low-power USB port like you find on laptops.

AFAIK the iPad uses the same 3.7V battery as the iPods, which could explain the ease of USB charging. That's just an educated guess on my part though.

Look at is this way, if your friend's iPad runs out of juice, you can plug it into the Thrive and charge it for them

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    I don't mind the Thrive adapter, but wish it took the standard laptop adapter. I thought it did at first, but the plug is slightly smaller than my ASUS laptop adapter. With most tablets, using USB just isn't an option. Like Freefall said, there are ways to do it, but the charge time would be horrid, not to mention the complications that can arise from it.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    If you want to fly and recharge on American Airlines they say: Powerports, On some aircraft, your seat may be equipped with a DC power outlet, using a "cigarette lighter" style outlet delivering 15 volts of direct current (and up to 75 watts).
    I don't know if the Specified 19 Volts vs the AA's 15 Volts makes a difference. Anyone checked this out yet?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Buy a spare power supply for home go to ebay do a search for ac adapter charger for Toshiba Thrive PA3922U-1ARA Notebook PC Power Supply Cord. Package includes AC Adapter and Power Cord

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads