• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Browser just shuts down

Hello all! I am a new Thrieve user and fairly new to Android. Anyway, I am experiencing a very annoying issue. My browser will just shut dow and I end up back on the home or main screen of the device. At first it was using the default browser that came with he device. So, based on comments that I have seen here, I went and downloaded the Dolphin browsr. Same thing happens with it as well. 90% of my browsing is on a vBulletin forum that I run and on Facebook. Almost nothing installed on the device and no other programs running with the browser except for Gmail. So, I am a bit clueless on how to troubleshoot and correct this. Can anyone lend a hand?

Much thanks!

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Has it done that from the day you got it or has it just started recently? If recently, you could try a hard reset and see if that solves the problem for you. Then you can watch and see if it is a website that shuts your browser down. You might also try setting Dolphin to desktop to see if the vBulletin forum is causing the browser to shutdown. Maybe one of these will be the solution.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I was not doing much browsing when I first got the device, so just within the last few days is when I noticed it happening. I am afraid I have to show my ignorance regarding your comments about "setting dolphin to desktop" as I have only been running the software for about a day.

Thanks for your help.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Go to the settings at the bottom, then tap on the More icon, tap on settings, tap on Dolphin settings, then on User Agent. Tap on Desktop and close. Then the browser will be in desktop instead of mobile mode. Hope that solves it.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I use Dolphin HD w/ user agent set to Desktop. Occasionally, my browser will not appear. I'll click on a link and all I will get is a blank, white screen and I will need to re-boot. It seems to happen about a couple of times a week. Last time it happened, a couple of days ago, I uninstalled Dolphin, re-installed from market place. I'm waiting to see if it occurs again.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    886 times
    I had this happen to me recently, after quite some time of not having this problem (Dolphin HD). You may want to do a clean cache and history for Dolphin. Even if you uninstall an app, the cache and data does not necessarily get cleaned out.

Dolphin -> Menu -> More -> Clear Data -> Clear Cache / Clear History

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    For any forum stuff, tapatalk is where its at. Dolphin HD set to desktop too, not as fast though. 99% of the time though I'm on tapatalk.

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    ~ Exile

Toshiba Tank - OOM + Overclocked
    HTC Evo 3D - not rooted "yet"
    Lenovo Y560 - i7q720, ATI 5730, G700

Rooting Guides: BatFish CWM Guide | Dalepl Roms | Bilgediver Root Videos

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    I had this happen to me recently, after quite some time of not having this problem (Dolphin HD). You may want to do a clean cache and history for Dolphin. Even if you uninstall an app, the cache and data does not necessarily get cleaned out.

Dolphin -> Menu -> More -> Clear Data -> Clear Cache / Clear History
    Thanks, I'll try this.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Ads