• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Closed Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

locked out of Toshiba Thrive

So I have a son that thought he figured out how to unlock my toshiba. This has happened before: I get a screen that asks me to input my google info so I can log into my Thrive and use it again. The only problem is now when I click in the field to type in and the auto voice recognition pops up to record what I say. No key board shows up just the recording device and then it auto populates what it thinks I said so I can not log in. Please help, how do I get the keyboard back so I can type it in? No cancel audio or keyboard options pop up for me to use. Is there a short cut I need to use to bring up the keyboard and get rid of the voice? I have restarted the tablet, taken out the battery for 10 min etc.. Please help. Thanks.

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Hmmm... I want to help. still a little confused. just turned on my tt to see what exactly you're talking about.

So this is only happening when you turning on your tt to unlock right? No keyboard just voice recognition?

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk
    ~ Exile

Toshiba Tank - OOM + Overclocked
    HTC Evo 3D - not rooted "yet"
    Lenovo Y560 - i7q720, ATI 5730, G700

Rooting Guides: BatFish CWM Guide | Dalepl Roms | Bilgediver Root Videos

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Another thing, looking around in settings... Is it the lock screen configuration that you're using.. or encryption? I don't use either so I sort of don't want to turn it on, at least not encryption.

If its lock screen I'll play around with it to see. Should be a setting within the lock screen, if that's what you're using.

~ Exile

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    Mine has been locked / encrypted since I got it. Never an issue. I'm certainly perplexed as to how there's suddenly a rash of this happening to people. Thrive must be getting more popular now. Have you tried the suggestion in this thread? (Post #9) - Help!!! dont know my password
    Last edited by epakrat75; 09-20-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Haha yeah seriously epak

Hmm.. no response yet. I played around with it and can't seem to figure out why he would get a google message to put in his account info to unlock. I wonder if its a security app that he's using? Oh well, I'm stumped, until there's a response from him on the situation.

~ Exile

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Here is a thought. I plugged in a USB keyboard today and it worked. The onscreen keyboard is bypassed when the USB keyboard is plugged in. Try plugging in a USB keyboard and using it to type in the information. I don't know if that will work. I am rooted. Unfortunatly I did not try the USB keyboard before I was rooted so I don't know if the rooting enabled it or not. So there are some variables but try it and reply with the results.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    sorry I have not replied I thought I would get an email from the forum when ppl responded. I am not using any software just the standard "connect the dots" log in. You create a path and it unlocks the tt. problem is if kids or someone tries multiple times to open it the tt defaults and states it needs you to log into your google account to unlock it. eg email and password to email. It isn't a problem except that the keyboard doesn't show up only the voice recognition pops up, no keyboard. So I cant type in my google email and password, I have to say it and hope that it comes up right, which it never does. I will try doing the USB hook up to tt. Thanks for the posts so far. Did that clarify it?

Ads