• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery wont charge on toshiba thrive, Replacement sent.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Battery wont charge on toshiba thrive, Replacement sent.

I have been having a battery issue as of sometime it wont charge when plugged in, Ive called tech support and chatted with reps who went over some steps and hopefully resolved the issue by a new battery replacement, heres hoping thats the problem is solved , if not I will not accept a used refurb tablet from being 2 weeks old.

Anyways heres my point, could it be anything else? Ive taken on the battery on a few occassions and installed it again to reset and take the change and seems logical the problem.

Could it be anything else, software, hardware? anyone else experience this?

Ps. 200 dollar hold on my credit card for the battery until the old one is sent back. Kinda big bucks for a replacement under warranty

Bob d.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Looks like somebody at the official Toshiba forum had the same issue. Scroll down to the last post to see this user's fix.

Stops Charging! - Toshiba Forums

Hope this helps.

-William

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Almost the same thing as mine, it doesnt show the charger bolt across the battery and wont charge. I only took out the battery and replaced it not the smaller one. It worked for awhile and now its doing it again. I hope it can only be that problem as this is also my second thrive .

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Well, I got the battery - Replaced and recharging ! hopefully that was the issue , took only 3 days for the battery even though its a 200 dollar charge on the credit card until they get the old one back ...Heres hoping ~!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    $200 is pretty hefty for the battery.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes I was outraged at that price but its only so they get the other back "Incentive" they said to me, which I was like ok what about the 75 dollar ongoing price on the net. They said it was their policy , I actually hung up got really mad and was like ok Ill do it cause its brand new and under warranty and they will get the original battery back that doesnt work anyways. So far so good but Ill give it a couple of days and see if its ok Im happy and will not complain... I liked the 3 day ship and free and shipping labels to get it back so they are on the right track.

Now to work with other companies and get these software issues fixed !! I know its their first tablet, lets hope they see and understand the benefits of working with the others then standing alone and taking the shots all by themself.

Bob d.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Update- The Thrive is not taking the charge again !

I called technical support again and they thought to send a power adapter same exact thing.So now being on the phone multipal times and hearing many diffrent things ,I was told nothing to worry about that A replacement will be sent if its broken. Well I called today again and said the thrive isnt taking the charge and this time A whole diffrent story !!!!!!
    Now it seems I need to send in my tablet which is needed everyday for work in to get repaired -I was told in previous calls not to worry if its the tablet they will replace, now they are saying to fix !!! I cannot go without a work tablet for even one day because of client lists and data needed for each diffrent Group.Anyways I had 2 days to return my tablet was told not to worry not to return the tablet it was the battery ,then that changed to its the charger now its gotta be repaired ! a 16 day old tablet that could have been replaced locally from a exhange and instead I must go without one -Not acceptable and waiting for a call back from Toshiba as I said its not within my boundries of needing it everyday. So I got 8 phone calls almost 4 hours of calls a 200 dollar charge on my credit card and now I need to go without something that was bought as a replacement less then a month ago for a older one.

Not happy Toshiba, and I am a loyal customer of many many years.... From being a young boy with 200 dollar walkmans to high end equipment nowdays... Making me think twice !!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1948 times
    Sorry to hear this. It has been the same for most people that has had warrenty issues. The only good thing is that most got a quick turn around. I know that does not help you. Maybe they will hold the charge on your CC and send one out for you until you send the bad one back.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Im hoping this, as I said Im willing to work with toshiba on the issue,I had a chance to bring it back to best buy and do a exchange but instead I listened to tech support swaying me with its only the battery. I just want the issue resolved .I never thought that it would come to me shipping it out and waiting for it back I would have done the change in the store. I also have now wasted 2 screen protectors at almost 50 dollars and 200 charge still on the credit card.I was never told on a repair, I kept hearing a New One will be replaced thats the upsetting part !!!!

Im waiting for a call back tomorrow and hopefully its what I wanna hear ,if not I will expressing myself further with a blog and also other extensions that I manage daily.Hoping they come to a resolution I wanna hear. Specially filling my head with nothing to worry about knowing I had voiced these concerns already not being able to go without a work tablet.

Bob d.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1948 times
    Do you have the name of any of the ones that promised you a replacement? Maybe you can talk to them and express your feelings in that you trusted thier judgment and did not get a replacement from Best Buy when you still could. Can't hurt.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads