• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Angry Best Buy Warranty

I got the extended warranty after they told me that if I had any problems they could not fix they would give me a new one! Well that is not how it works. They send it to Toshiba to look at it before they do anything. You are without your TT for several weeks! Oh the reason it went back is because it would not shout down & all I could get is a black screen. Had to remove the battery to shout down & and would not boot back on.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Best Buy Warranty is a bit ridiculous, as is Toshiba's policy. SD Card slot spring broke, after 27 days. I figured "no problem, still within 30 days". Best Buy states that they do not exchange or refund any PC's, tablets etc.. after 14 days. Pretty much everything else is 30 days. I contacted Toshiba, who gladly set up a return, but at my cost for shipping which would have been approx $24. Best Buy did send it back to Toshiba free of charge, which was nice, but I likely won't see the unit for at least 2 weeks. Spend $500, unit breaks within 30 days, and I'm left without it for 3 weeks. Nice

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I rarely buy from Best Buy. Amazon will refund for 30 days!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    From a different perspective I do not have the Best Buy Extended Warranty and this is my story.

I've had my Thrive for about 5 weeks and have had no problems until the past 36 hours. I connect to the internet via a wireless router that also connects my desk top.

Suddenly I can't connect to the internet. When I load Google-Android I can't connect and after a long while I get a message tells me that the address may have changed and to try later. My Thrive recognises my router and will in fact print documents so I know it works and my desk top has no problem connecting to the internet. Also Gmail doesn't work, maps don't work and anthing that requires an internet connect function.

I called Tech Support and was told delete all of my Google data and now I've lost my bookmarks and still can't sign in.
    After my third call to tech support I was directed to find a free wifi connection and see if I had the same problem. So off to Barnes&Noble I went. I had the same problem. So, I was thinking that I would have to send the Thrive back to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. After a quick lunch at Chic fil aA, I decided to stop in at the BestBuy where I bought the unit to check for connectivity. Only 5 weeks old and they were gracious enough to do a factory exchange. It was not evident that they would do an exchange and I was prepared to send it in, but the sales guy that I bought the unit from decided to do a check at the customer service desk and sure enough they were able to exchange it and replaced my screen cover as well. I am glad I hung around rather than bolting out the door.

The bottom line is I hope the new one will last a while. And my experience at Best Buy was a pleasant experience and has always been a pleasant experience. I guess it depends on the management.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't buy anything from bestbuy any more, if for no other reason than they are very rarely the "best buy". Also while Inrately pay any attentio to sales people the ones at bestbuy very seldom know what they are talking about.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In my community, my choice is Best Buy, Walmart or internet. For anything electronic, Best Buy is my choice. Besides the salespeople there are so awesome and the ones I personally have dealt wilth are very knowledgable about their products. I have purchased many different kinds of items and totally reccomend the store. I agree with Shoe, I guess it depends on the management.

Ads