• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OMG Thrive wont turn on!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Let us know how it goes....
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, mine turned out to be the easy one. Held down Power and Volume together for about 10 seconds and it booted up.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Sometimes things work out well without having to jump through hoops. Good to hear that was the case in your situation!
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Question. Even though I'm not having a problem like this right now, who knows, I might. If you are at a "sparkly" boot screen and the tablet fails to boot up how do you do a reset on the device as suggested a few posts back? - Ed J

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    If you have a stock (not rooted) Thrive

1.Turn off tablet
    2.Press and hold the "+" on the volume key
    3.While continuing to hold the "+" volume key, press and hold the power button
    4.Tablet will start (and let go of both buttons at this time) and will give your 3 Icons. Using the volume key, select the middle Icon of the box with the arrow coming out of it. The power button is used as the "enter" key
    5.On the next screen, arrow down to the wipe data/user info clean and factory default and hit the power button. PLEASE NOTE, THIS WILL WIPE OUT ALL SETTINGS AND INFORMATION YOU HAD ON THE TABLET.
    6.On the next screen, select Yes for wiping all info and restore to factory.
    7.Once this is done, select reboot and you will be brought to the initial set up.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    To clarify, in the case of boot screen loop, one turns off the device by holding the power button down until the unit powered down. Now having said that, I would suggest attempting at least one more boot up before doing a factory reset, as this will wipe the device clean.
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 07-30-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    What is the build #? Are you rooted? Are there any out of the ordinary apps you have installed? There is a small chance that the internal memory/storage is flakey or failing. If still under warranty, I would contact Toshiba support.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Settings -> About tablet

there you will find the Build number and Version number.

Quote Originally Posted by dmsrcc View Post
    It says AT100 if that's what you mean. I don't think I'm rooted unless it came that way. No apps out of the ordinary, mainly social media (Facebook, twitter) and games all from google play or amazon appstore and yes, I'm still under warranty.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

android wont start

My previous android charger shorted out. So i brought a new one. By the time i got it my battery had totally died. I was told it should light up when plugged in, but did not work. I was told to charge overnight, which did not work. I even took battery out put it back in and reset android and it still didn't start. How do i fix it? I really need my android to work. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsch View Post
    Well, mine turned out to be the easy one. Held down Power and Volume together for about 10 seconds and it booted up.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Are we talking about the 10" THRiVE? If the charger is good and there is no damage to the table's power circuit, the device will work without the battery when plugged in. It's possible that when your charger shorted out, it damaged done circuits on the device.

Quote Originally Posted by reaves48 View Post
    My previous android charger shorted out. So i brought a new one. By the time i got it my battery had totally died. I was told it should light up when plugged in, but did not work. I was told to charge overnight, which did not work. I even took battery out put it back in and reset android and it still didn't start. How do i fix it? I really need my android to work. Please help.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads