• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Thrive's screen broken

Hello ,

So I had just started to enjoy my thrive(was a victim of thrive's sleep issue and had to send it back also as once it got stuck
    at the starting screen and never could go to the main screen)....well the new thrive which i got was working fine after the update
    but yesterday i was taking my thrive out of cover and suddenly it hit my thumb bone and the next thing i see I have a broken screen
    It startes at the top and goes all the way through the screen to the other end...can't believe that the thrive lcd is so bad that it broke
    with so little pressure.Can someone tell me how can i getit fixed and any idea of much it's gonna cost me.

Thanks

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    A Bad Day For Another Thrive

[VIDEO] Screen Material Scratch Test

Sorry to hear about your loss, but there is hope!

tz1
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    I would try a warranty exchange - the screen ought not crack from hitting your thumb bone (I assume you aren't a creature from a horror movie or something else with an exposed rock like projection that hit it . The screen is glued down, it is possible there was tension in the glass.
    Is your iPad battery low? Here, just plug it into my Thrive...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i am pretty sure that am a normal human...it looks like the screen has a line passing through t which can feel the broken glass at the edges the center part seems to be relatively ok...So any idea about how much a screen replacement would cost me.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just sent mine back to Toshiba with a broken screen. Cost me $290 bucks if I remember correctly. The warranty doesn't work with accidents. Gotta say tho, Toshiba does a good job when you need to send them something for repair. Paid postage at least. I hv my horror story re screen somewhere in help I think und the title screen and icons. Good luck re repair. I was not a happy camper either re screen.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Johnarebee
    Should just ask around chances are you know someone who could repair it, it's not hard at all. F Toshiba $300 that's a disgrace.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Keyboard on The Interweb
    16GB TRiVE>DJ_Steve's TouchThrive ROM beta 3

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok so if I can find someone how much would the sreen cost me..and yes 300 is too much ..

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Johnarebee
    Well this is just a guess, but I would say a replacement LCD, prob 90-100$, digitizer 50-60$ at the most. Most people who break their "screen" only need to replace the digitizer not the LCD. If both need to be replaced with labor @ those prices above $225 should be the Max, so I can see maybe sending to Toshiba in that case. I would never though because I could fix it my self, but for people who only need a digitizer your our of your minds paying 200 something, your basicly paying 200+ in labor, and trust me I have yet to come across any device that can justify that kind of labor charge to replace a screen. So basicly if you need LCD+digi your not getting raped that bad (you still are though) but if you have a friend who knows what he's doing you can save a decent amount of money.

AGAIN PRICES ABOVE ARE ESTIMATES, I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF THEY ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THAT.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    880 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Sorry to hear about your broken screen The price list is on the 2nd post [Tip] Buying replacement parts for your Thrive the first post contains the link where you can purchase them.
    Last edited by batfish; 08-21-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Johnarebee
    Quote Originally Posted by batfish View Post
    Sorry to hear about your broken screen The price list is on the 2nd post [Tip] Buying replacement parts for your Thrive first post contains the link where you can purchase them.
    [Tip] Buying replacement parts for your Thrive

"The" was inside the URL code. :-)

Ads