• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Not sure if rooted correctly. AT105

So I found this old tablet recently, AT105 (HMJ37.01.5.0032) and realized nothing really supports Android 3.1 anymore, including the Market/Google Play Store. So I wanted to try updating it to at least 4.1. I've already backed up my files, but I don't know if I can make a recovery image of my current set up. I'm new to rooting and flashing files, but I've been following this Forum, [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

I followed all the steps and I think the tablet is rooted, but the Superuser screen looks different on my device. I found the Binary Updater, but it says "Downloading manifest... fail!" I click Try Again, then the app crashes saying "The application Superuser (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I forgot where I read it on here, but I flashed a file to it on an SD card with Clockwork which installed another Superuser app with a # logo, but it just seems to just show that the other Superuser app has superuser access.

I'm not sure where to go from here. The Market no longer works (it says its not installed?), so I cant get any apps to check if I am rooted, or I'm not sure where I can get them. It might be important to note that I thought rooting would restore my tablet to factory settings, but it hasn't. Should I factory reset and try using the Binary Updater again?

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads